From a Best Buy mobile EmployeeGeneral

1. Mannequins

Mannequins Well-Known Member

I am currently employed at Best Buy mobile and i got an email from our verizon rep listing holiday phones (phones that are releasing in the next 3 months) and on the list was what they called the "samsung prime" I'm assuming this is the droid prime and i was super excited to see it officially from someone from verizon! among others on the list was Thunderbolt 2, samsung strat...hmm i cant remember the others.. i will repost when i get back into work tomorrow and read the email again.

Advertisement
    :
    ORD84, Icculus760, The_Chief and 2 others like this.
  2. GamerCore

GamerCore VIP Member VIP Member

If possible, try to snap a quick pic with your phone! C'mon.... doowit ;D
  3. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Haha, was just about to "tip this"
  4. Mannequins

i'll see if i can print it off then take a picture of that. It would seem kinda obvious if i was snapping a pic of the computer screen.
    red66charger likes this.
  5. CellRaven

CellRaven Well-Known Member

Would you by any chance happen to check what model number the phone had ? ?

Edit: and do you guys get e-mails from other carriers as well, or just Verizon ?
  6. Mannequins

well, I have a personal work email that i can only use when im on best buys intranet (on one of best buys computers) and i know the verizon rep better than i know any of the other reps so i get emails from her every so often. There were not model numbers next to the any of the phones. at least i dont think there was. again, i will be able to check tomorrow.
    gapi and CellRaven like this.
  7. GamerCore

GamerCore VIP Member VIP Member

I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread but if it's possible -- drop me an email once you get "the goods" =p

chris@phandroid.com

Thaaaaaaanks! :D
  8. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Mannequins, where the frak are you? Drop that donut and get to your computer already!!! :D
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  9. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

"Samsung Prime?" .. close enough. ;)

What did he or she call the new T-Bolt, the HTC Thunderbird? :D

Just kidding, I too await a screeny of the email. [​IMG] I played with a Bionic the other day and decided my D3 was good enough as I await the Prime. ;)
  10. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

+1

get er done! lol
  11. red66charger

red66charger Well-Known Member

Tap, tap, tap...

Sorry if my reply made you all think Mannequins replied. :)
  12. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Tappity tap tap...

So has it been determined whether Mannequins is a fake or not yet?
  13. Mannequins

[​IMG]sorry, i just got off. anyway I took a quick sneaky photo of the list. looks like it is showing what phone they are replacing. anyway here's the photo.. oh and han... thanks for believing in me /sarcasm
    Edit: I like how she spelled stratosphere wrong
  14. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Where'd it go? :confused:

NVM, there it is...

EDIT: Thanks for the peek! Now I'm even more stoked!
  15. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Dude, you didn't crop out the name?

Thanks, Mannequins!
    clipperqb likes this.
  16. Mannequins

fixed. haha hope no one downloaded the previous photo
  17. The_Chief

Just a suggestion: If I were you I'd redact the whole thing.

EDIT: Thanks for the edit, DaSchmarotzer! By the time I realized that my post might give that particular person away, you had already cleaned it up. WHEW
  18. Mannequins

you guys mind deleting any post that have to do with the rep? I know i should have uploaded without any of the info so it's my fault... I just dont want to see anyone getting in trouble over this simple photo..
    Edit: Thanks for the maturity fellas :)
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  19. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

Done. ;)

Use the report button if I forgot something so it can be removed ASAP.
    Mannequins likes this.
  20. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Thanks for the edit, DaSchmarotzer. I didn't come back on until just now.

Although, I did call the number just to check to see if it was legit.

It was, it was! Don't worry, Mannequins, all I got was a voicemail. Didn't leave a message. But it did say Verizon.

Well done, old boy, well done!

It is to our great misfortune, however, that the document contained no dates. That is a great misfortune indeed.

[​IMG]
    brull857zyku likes this.
  21. The_Chief

You called that number??? :eek:

Geez, I hope there's no "missed call" list somewhere and that person calls you back! I suppose you could always say you had the wrong number... and BTW, do they have a date for release? j/k
  22. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

Now if we only can get a release date.

Looking at the list above, I wonder if that will be the order of the release. Starting with the Pantech first and the Prime last!
  23. well the breakout was supposed to be released sept 1 and the stratosphere the 8th and neither of those happened. That was according to the leaked roadmap awhile ago that had the bionic and all them on it. The bionic launched when it was supposed to the others didn't though.
  24. red66charger

red66charger Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Mannequins. Let's all do what we can to protect him and his source.
    Mannequins likes this.
  25. magdelaine

magdelaine Well-Known Member

So, I'm a little confused. There's the Nexus Prime forum and this, the Samsung Droid Prime forum. Are there any other forums to follow that may be referring to an upcoming ICS Verizon phone that I'm missing? Which one is the "real" forum for the Prime?

Thanks in advance.