• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

From Apple to Roid

Tips: keep an open mind
Hints: enjoy the open ecosystem
Apps: Nova Launcher

464708753244160158472096.jpg

Upvote 0
first: its and android phone not droid :) .... and just in case you dont know:
-you can access the android market via de web
-your purchase are linked to your google account
-you might see some bugs, but looks like the are going taken care of
-i would recommend you to choose to link or keep you data with google, that will a safe back up for you contacts info, and some other info as well, so next time you get a new phone, you just put your sim card and your contacts will appear magically :p
-remember this is android, if there something you dont like, chances are there always a replacement.. launcher, contacts, camera app.. etc... even the offical facebook and twitter have "optional apps" (third party).
-theres a music/video section int he android market
-use widgets, :p coming from ios you might not be used to, they are very useful

well thats it for now, feel free to ask questions!

@outatime... he said GSM.. so im not agreeing with you on the charger/battery life issue.. my GSM Galaxy Nexus goes though a normal day of usage with no problem.. that is with constant twiter/google+/facebook use, lots of sms, some internet/market browsing and at least two calls a day... and to that you can add that my google listen checks for update once a day, same as google currents and my grooveip is on all day.

^in that regards.. if you feel like your battery is draining to fast.. drop down you notification tray, tap on the setting icon, then tap on battery... there you will see how you battery has been used.. also check in data usage under setting.. there you can see how your data has been used

Upvote 0
hi guys,

just checking in:) so far a day of using it im pretty happy with the phone except sometimes i forget to kill/close the games after playing it and noticed it drained my battery :p

here are some quick screenshots i took.

it was a pleasure watching top gear on this phone!
142302048920710912952747.jpg

one of the coolest apps I've come across (allows you to streams all the Dragonball, Dragonball Z & GT episodes) thanks android :)
80688559278042632567220.jpg

423337522728486884216598.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones