From Atrix 4G to Atrix 2; some issuesSupport

1. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues - Crazy peacock person - Guide

I just went from an Atrix 4G (MB860) to an Atrix 2 (MB865), and there are some differences/issues/problems I'd appreciate some help with.

For one, the sound upon selecting things isn't NEARLY as loud--and I want it to be! On the 4G there's a nice, satisfying, clicking-ish sound; on the 2, when the sound is there at all it's not nearly as pronounced. Please note that I'm not talking about vibration, but SOUND.

The USB connection choices no longer include a 'none'--and I wish they did. Is there a hack to get that back? (And a sidenote: It annoys me that its 'Mass Storage' choice excludes Linux in its description: "Lets you transfer files on Windows and Mac." How ironic is it that a *LINUX*-based phone excludes those of us who are smart enough to use Linux on our computers? :mad:)

Certain things were inexplicably failing--and I found by experimenting that when it's connected via USB to a computer, THAT'S when those things fail. For example, the camera won't work--it says "Please insert an SD card before using the camera"--even though there *IS* an SD card inserted. Likewise, under storage, my 32GB SD card isn't shown or recognized while the phone's connected via USB to a computer. Perhaps having that 'none' choice back would eliminate this problem...although this problem didn't exist on the 4G regardless of which USB choice was in use. Is there a workaround for this? It's quite annoying to be charging my phone and be unable to do things I used to be able to do while charging. :rolleyes:

Whatever happened to MotoBlur? My two previous Motorola smartphones, a Bravo and the aforementioned 4G, both required a MotoBlur account before even proceeding with setting them up.

Related to the above--I THINK--I have some "Motorola widgets" on my 4G and I don't recall where they came from, but I'm guessing MotoBlur. I want them on my new phone but don't know how to get them. The MotoBlur web site offers nothing [that I've seen, anyway].

Finally, I want to copy certain data over to the new phone, but can't figure out where they're stored. Specifically, I want game data for a few of my favorite games copied over, like high scores and game progress. I've looked in every directory that's accessible to me (the phones are not rooted) and can't find anything. Note that since I'm keeping the 4G [to use for music, games, web access, etc.], I don't want to MOVE the data, just COPY them.

Sorry for the length of this! Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. skearton

skearton Well-Known Member

The only way to copy the data that i know of, is to be rooted and use something like titanium backup or my backup pro. Sorry I dont know any other answers for you currently.
  3. macgiobuin

macgiobuin Well-Known Member

I was able to move/transfer only by going to "Settings>Developer Options>USB Debugging" and CHECKING that box. I then had to change the USB Settings in the Notification Bar to the last choice, which is something like "Music/Data Device" (CAN'T REMEMBER EXACTLY). This is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what everyone says to do, but is the only way my computer recognizes the phone and allows data transfer (documents, music,pictures, etc.).
    I also had to download an update to the computer's device drivers AND an update to the Motorola managing software. I have been able to transfer anything to or from the phone and computer since doing these things.

As to the USB connection screwing everything up, this happens EVERY TIME I connect to a USB cord,whether it is a charging cord, or one hooked up to a computer. This is a SERIOUS software glitch since the update to Ice Cream Sandwich that will probably NEVER get fixed because Motorola has abandoned the Atrix 2 and has no plans for any more updates, patches or fixes. As much as I love this phone, I am going to have to get a different one once my contract runs out in November. I just can't keep taking the time to reset all my ring tones and other settings EVERY TIME after charging or hooking up to a computer. Motorola really stuck it to Atrix 2 owners on this one.
  4. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues - Crazy peacock person - Guide

Thanks for the input so far.

The USB thing really amazes me. I guess I should be thankful that mine isn't actually screwing things up, as it does for macgiobuin; mine just makes it impossible to do anything, like use the camera, requiring recognizing the presence of the SD card. It's so annoying to have to unplug the phone [while it's charging] in order to snap a picture. :rolleyes: