From Blackberry to Droid.....need some help

Last Updated:

1. wwhittle

wwhittle Member This Topic's Starter

Well I made the jump from Blackberry to the Droid Incredible and so far so good!

Just a couple of questions:

1. Is there a keyboard available that is similar to the blackberry? Or can someone recommend a good keyboard? I could live with what it has, but would like to have something different.

2. I loaded Handcent and it worked great BUT- it doesn't show a new message indicator on the App Icon on the home screen- only shows a notification in the Notification bar. Is this correct?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Strings

Strings Well-Known Member

For 2, did you set Handcent as the default SMS app? That's wat I had to do with my Samsung Accliam...

Like you, I just made the transition from Crackberry to Android. So far, loving it!

3. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Well-Known Member

I've never used a BB so not really sure what kind of keyboard it's rocking. What are you looking for it to do? There are quite a few different options available. Everything from Swype, Shapewriter, SlideIt, Vlingo, Ultra Keyboard, Better Keyboard, Smart Keyboard, the new Multitouch Keyboard from the Droid X, etc etc. Just depends on what features are most important to you. Let me know and maybe I can help narrow it down for you.