• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

From computer does deleting item remove from SD card or...

Lock-N-Load

Android Expert
Feb 8, 2010
WestSiiiide
if you have your Droid attached to your computer via a USB cable, and you delete some files on the SD card via your computer, are they automatically deleted OR do you still have to empty your trash on your desktop to get the hidden .trash on the SD card to delete the files and not just leave them in some sort of hidden .trash folder.

hmm.. I am starting to think that maybe they are not deleted until you empty your trash. decided to test it and via USb cable attached to computer, deleted some files. unhooked the Droid and looked at the SD card and had - IIRC - the same "used" file size of about 3.33 gb I had before I deleted the files. Hooked it back up via USB and deleted trash on my computer, unhooked Droid and checked again and now at 2.61 gb.

So, I am thinking if you delete using an app on your phone like Astro, deletes are instantaneous BUT if your deleting via a computer and have the Droid attached via USb cable, it will not delete until you empty your computers trash. Or so it appeared to me now that I tested it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones