From EVO to Hero?

Last Updated:

1. Dangerboy

Dangerboy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I bought 2 EVOs for me and my wife. I love mine to death but shes not pleased with hers. It has a lot to do with the fact that the first one was defective and the new doesnt get great reception at her work, even though her coworkers with sprint do. She uses Pandora at work at it is hit and miss on how it works. Meanwhile, her co workers sprint phones work problem free for the most part on Pandora.

I knew the EVO was too much for her and now she is changing her mind. She wants something smaller and she has really been put off my the EVO problems. I was thinking the HERO might work out for her. This is her first smartphone and she is not a tech person at all so shes a little overwhelmed.... Would the HERO be a good starter smartphone? I'm just concerned about getting an older phone on a 2 year contract....Also, does it have a glass screen? Any input would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

The sprint forum might be a better place to ask, The GSM hero has a glass screen, which is very durable, and yes its quite straight forward to use.

3. MR_COATES

MR_COATES Well-Known Member

I honestly think that there are better choices out there. Too many to list really!

Certainly I wouldn't consider the Hero at this stage on a two year contract.

It's a lovely phone and can do a heck of a lot but there are newer and better android phones out there and to be honest you can make them as simple or as fancy as you like if you think about it.

4. Madeline410

Madeline410 Member

My hero is my first smart phone and I LOVE it. It goes above and beyond what I need/want it to do. I bet it would be great for her. :)

5. karnoff

karnoff Well-Known Member

I would reccomend her either a blackberry or a palm pre. I wouldnt get the hero right now and the moment is rather large as well.

6. tazcollins

tazcollins Well-Known Member

There are two in our house. Great performance for six months with no Evo issues. Get it. TC :D

7. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member

sell the evo. buy a excellent condition hero on craigslist or ebay or something. keep the rest of the money. win win situation

8. pinoy724

pinoy724 Well-Known Member

I'll trade her my rooted Hero for her Evo.:D

9. Cuso

Cuso Well-Known Member

LOL I was about to post the same..