From Maemo to Android

Last Updated:

1. ivanzorkic

ivanzorkic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

May 28, 2010
    HTC Desire is my first Android device and a second smartphone. I used to own the N900, but switched after it became apparent that Flash 10.1 won't be coming to it and that Nokia will not be releasing MeeGo for the device.

The N900 is a great, open device with cool features such as a true 800x480 resolution (because not every pixel has RGB, the AMOLEAD on my Desire is 800x480 in specs only, but closer to 600x300 in reality) and desktop-like support for video formats.

However, I am enjoying my Desire quite a bit and there are numerous advantages to being in Google camp.

MeeGo will be a good competition to Android, which is good, as the world needs more open source systems and less iPhone mindsets.

If anyone has any questions about Maemo, MeeGo and Qt apps (which will be awesome in terms of compatibility with different platforms), feel free to ask. If I don't know the answers, I know some good people who does.

Anyway, glad to be here, I'm loving my European Nexus One cousin and I hope I get to learn stuff from experienced users here. Good to be in Google camp.

2. mrjam3s

mrjam3s Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010