from milestone to x10???General

Last Updated:

1. robwscott

robwscott Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

currently i have a moto milestone... (running 2.1) it is still a little buggy alot of features that were upgraded on the DROID were left out for us milestoners phone does have poetential except for processors not that great and internal space is pretty low... NOW X10 with the snap dragon.... pretty much the same specs as the n1 sure its running on 1.6 but i guess theres a new update now??? and no MT(multi touch :(.... maybe with update )but MY QUESTion is should i make that leap?? milestone to x10..... PLUS the damn thing looks sooo F!@#$%N SMOOOOTHHHHHH!!!!!!

Advertisement
  2. puppet_master

puppet_master Well-Known Member

It runs an SE optimised version of 1.6 so has a lot of the 2.1 features. As for multi-touch... it's simply not missed. The browser automatically fits text to the the screen so you don't have to keep scrolling left to right when reading. Also, double-tap works just as well for zooming :)

Sure, the X10 isn't perfect but with a little tweaking, it's by far the best all round Android phone out there :)

-pup-

3. robwscott

I am writing this from my new x10 and I have to admit its pretty smooth...... pretty happy with everything so far although I did have to download better keyboard from the market... as the native one really wasn't that great.... but other then that I have noo complaints. And honestly I'm not really missing the multitouch function it was nice yes but SE does a good job at replacing it.... I will keep ya posted.....

4. puppet_master

puppet_master Well-Known Member

If you look for the Battery and Keyboard problems thread, you'll see a quick guide on how to install the HTC keyboard which most people regard as the best (and it's free)

I would also advise you read through the Battery problem part too

-pup-

5. robwscott

thnx man... precieate the reply....

6. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

@ Rob: go to your local carrier and see if they have a live demo you can play with. Hands on experience is a great way to base your decision on :)

7. robwscott

Thnx roze but as earlier posted I've had the. Phone for a cple days now so noo testing is required..... lol..... I have discovered a few bugs tho.... hopefully they will be resolved with an update...... all in all great phone tho.....

8. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

opps, must have missed that post XD So I see you're enjoying your X10 then :p