• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root From new Droid X to Metro

obtuce

Lurker
Feb 28, 2011
I recently (paid) to have my Droid X flashed to metro. The guy who did it Flashed me using Liberty 1.5. Im happy with the phone&flash (though i wish it was flashed to Apex 1.4 with motoblur so i could use the HDMI) but now my niece wants hers done and I want to flash hers with Apex 1.4... so I've been reading up on how.
The question I have is, what are the Basic steps and in what order? I don't mind doing the searching and reading but if someone could give me a brief layout it would help me big time. Thank You
Step 1: Root the DX
Step 2: Flash to Apex 1.4 (with motoblur)
Step 3: ....Geting over to metro ???

This is interesting. Here in Hawaii there is a local carrier (Mobi PCS) that unlocks for you with a catch.

If you unlock a smartphone, you have the risk of losing all mobile web services, although it is a carrier that provides 3G I think it has something to do with the process of unlocking it.

So have you unlocked your phone to be used on "METRO"? And do you still have web/3G? I've read that "METRO" is going LTE. I'm curious to how many more customers that may attract, since we're in a recession a lot more people are leaning more towards prepaid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones