From one Theme to another

Last Updated:

1. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

{noob alert}

I recently rooted my X, running ota 2.2, and i themed it with 928BlackGlassDeodexer all in one theme. Everything worked fine and no issues. My question is to try another theme what is the process? Do i just install a new theme the same way i did the first one? Do i need to go back to stock odexed first then apply whatever theme? Or maybe go back the backup i made right after i rooted then put on the theme of my choice? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

not all themes change the same things so if you flash over another theme you may get a mashup.
    also not all themes work with all roms so you have to make sure the theme you want is compatible.

3. trophynuts

so basically go back to my backup of rooted stock 2.2 odexed and start over there making sure i use a theme/rom that is compatible with that build? Thanks for the info.

4. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

Personally, I flashed their deodereer theme to deodex the phone, then I flashed their back to stock deodexed theme which removes all the first themes stuff but leaves the phone deodexed. Once I had this I made a backup and keep this as my constant backup incase I dont like a rom or mess something up and want to go back stock but deodexed so I can just install another rom or theme right away...
    but thats just me and what I do.

trophynuts likes this.
  5. trophynuts

thats actually a good idea to me as well. I will probably go this route.

6. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

then if I ever have to go back to compleate stock (like say for and OTA update) I just flash the SBF file and that will restore everything back so I dont have to worry about bricking while receiving the OTA.
    or in most cases the devs will come out with an update zip shortly after the OTA so you can just use that to get to the new update.
    Just make sure that after you do an update (like say to 2.2.1) you DO NOT use any of your backups from 2.2.

7. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

This is EXACTLY what I did.