From Palm M505 to HTC Desire

Last Updated:

1. Josepha

Josepha New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there!

I'm Laura Josepha, just registered at this forum.

I live in The Netherlands, I'm 37 years old, and work sort of in IT (?!), and apart from my daytime job, I also build websites with my own company Josepha.nl (www.josepha.nl/en)

I've got my HTC Desire a few weeks now, just figuring everything out.
    I've had and intensively used a Palm M505 since 2001, and was REALLY fond of it, but felt it was time my phone and PIM were combined with each other, and with web access and e-mail.
    So far, I really love my HTC Desire, but I still miss:

* categories in my calendar, with a color for each category, and which sync with Outlook (this worked on my Palm with the application Datebk4 from Pimlicosoftware.com and later on with Agendus from iambic.com/agendus)

* my outliner (notes with hierarchical structure, so notes with subnotes and sub-subnotes which you can cross off, as a to-do-list with tasks and sub-tasks). For this, I used Shadow Plan, from codejedi.com.

* my to-do-list (native on the Palm, and easy to sync with either the Palm Desktop software or with Outlook) (But not wireless, and even less via a mobile connection, of course) (and with categories)

* my memo / notes application (native on the Palm, and easy to sync with either the Palm Desktop software or with Outlook) (But not wireless, and even less via a mobile connection, of course) (and with categories)

Okay, I hope to see you all many times, and ask newbie-questions and later on, maybe help some people!

Byebye, Laura

Advertisement
  2. doktor

doktor New Member

Hi There, Laura,

I think we are on the same boat. Although M505 is a bit historical piece, if you had it finetuned, it might have worked quite well.
    Next to what you wrote regarding tasks and memo I still miss Supermemo (I know there are similar ones, however they do not contain my 10 years learning progress...) and handyshopper - such an easy one, i tried some, they are different.

We can share experience then.

OT: congrat to your victory vs Uruguay tonight. Unfortunately, my country was also on the list before, I am from Slovakia sent out by NL too :( So good luck.

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Hi Laura!

Welcome to Android Forums! I have a few things to say:

1) You're pretty. (blush)
    2) Are you sure you want to put your personal information up on the internet. I don't know. Just looking out for you! (if you want to edit it out, just hit the "edit" button.
    3) Go to this forum: HTC Desire - Android Forums they can answer all sorts of questions there.

4. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Welcome!

"You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything."