From Rooted Hero to Evo - Please give me some pointers!Tips

Last Updated:

1. jdbell2004

jdbell2004 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My hero was rooted running CM6 nightlies overclocked to 710 with a Seidio 3500 mah battery. I was pretty happy with it but of course wanted the newer and better. Immediately after I got the EVO I rooted and installed Fresh 3.4 and am pretty happy so far. I do miss CM6 but don't want to lose the 4g capability I'm paying extra for. I guess I just miss the AOSP over Sense. What are my options? I will definitely be getting the extended battery for the EVO as well, I need to only have to charge it once a day as I am rarely near an outlet for about 16 hours a day. What can this thing do that the hero couldnt?

I'm asking because (I hate to say this but) aside from the awesomeness of the larger screen, I'm not much more wowed by it than my hero. What can this do that the hero could not? Show me the light!

Advertisement
  2. CRAZYISH

CRAZYISH Well-Known Member

you can use the battery from the hero with the evo .

jdbell2004 likes this.
  3. jdbell2004

jdbell2004 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

no sh*t...just need a cover now. Awesome. Thanks!

4. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

You can have wireless tether....dunno if the rooted Hero could do that. I see you are an AOSP fan but check out Myn's 2.2...it is sense based and it smokes. Also preserves 4G where as CM6 does not. Anyway, Myns really kicks the user experience up a notch with smooth transition animations that are lightning quick. At the very least, give it a go and see if you like it. There is also an add on battery tweak that supposedly does wonders for battery life. I installed it late last night so I cannot comment at this time. Good luck. The EVO is markedly faster than the Hero if nothing else. It also has that app that will turn you phone into an island and then into a mother****ing jet and fly you to your island....:)
    Seriously, enjoy. It is a fantastic device and a great phone to boot.

5. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

Custom ROM naming leaves much to be desired in the way of explaining wtf they're about. Unless I'm missing out on some kind of wiki there's no way to know what a ROM is about until you install it and poke around... of course you have to FIND it first.