From slide to press for call?Support

Last Updated:

1. TheRH

TheRH Well-Known Member

I was curious if there was a way to change the way I answer or disconnect from a phone call. As everyone knows you have to hide and slide the tab for talk/hang up. Is there are way to change this to a button for talk/hang up?

2. [TheAndroid]

[TheAndroid] Well-Known Member

I think I'm gonna see if theres perhaps a .zip file one could apply from recovery mode to make this possible... Gimme some time to research this, hopefully I get some a good result.
  3. TheRH

TheRH Well-Known Member

Sounds good TheAndroid.
  4. Muk

Muk Member

+1 on this!! I have been looking for the same thing for my wives phone.
  5. [TheAndroid]

Psh, I still haven't found anything, But I'm putting a request in for it...
  6. thomasr1950

thomasr1950 Member

I'd like to see a way to do this as well. I'm not crazy about having to drag the icon to end a call. At times it won't end a call. I don't understand why Samsung designed the phone this way.
  7. ninjaprincess

ninjaprincess Member

This would be so nice!! My husbands Evo has a slide downward which is much more convenient than the slide all the way to side, even a switch to that would be an improvement.
  8. TheRH

TheRH Well-Known Member

Any luck?
  9. Winner

Winner Member

This would be a huge improvement for this phone. It's really bad. I'm even thinking of returning the phone. I would like to find a better way to end a call after you have left the keypad screen. It's difficult to hang this phone up.
  10. [TheAndroid]

I made a 2nd post, this time on SDX, Dodge moved it (Why Dodge, seriously why.) and now nobody looks at it. I need to get ahold of Shiftr182 or something...
  11. TheRH

TheRH Well-Known Member

This would be awesome to have?
  12. [TheAndroid]

Indeed. ^^ If you guys' know anyone who can do this, perhaps send them a message somehow for me?
  13. CTB6

CTB6 Well-Known Member

This is the only thing that would make me change this phone. The PHONE portion is infuriating to use! I'm happy with everything else, and I can even put up with the processor having moments of complete confusion. But the number of inadvertant calls I've made because I can't hang the SOB up makes me crazy. One wrong press and you're out of luck for hanging up a call quickly.
  14. [TheAndroid]

I've done all I can right now... Id ask any developers you know to see if this can be done.
  15. speeder760

speeder760 Well-Known Member

Go into the market and search for an app called "Advanced Telephone" its made by "lap1945"
    I think this is what u guys have been looking for :)
  16. shahhere

shahhere Member

I put "Dialer One" on the phone and even though there are quirks in it its a better overall call handler. The slide to answer is still the only method but for me I want slide to call and hangup functionality.

17. shahhere

shahhere Member

I have tried a similar app and the problem with them is that there is a 2-5 second delay before the actual buttons to answer and hangup showup on top of the existing slider buttons. This causes a lot of times to people to hangup and or for me to already miss the call.

I can't believe that we do not have either a slider or those buttons as options from the os side.

18. [TheAndroid]

19. Winner

Winner Member

I use Dialer One and like it a lot. It has an occasional lag but it beats the standard Samsung dialing process by a mile. Dialer 2 has a better looking keypad but there is too much lag with that program.

Dialer One is the way to go with this phone. It even has 1 touch keypad speed dialing which I use frequently. Unfortunately, Dialer One doesn't eliminate the slide to answer hang up problem most of us seem to dislike strongly.

Thanks for the tip about Advanced Telephone. I'll check it out.
  20. vanburen72

vanburen72 Well-Known Member

I've noticed with the new Froyo port, you can set it up so hitting the power button will end a call.
  21. sehradinesh

sehradinesh New Member

Hi Folks,

Try the following from Market. It is exactly what you want. I have been using it for quite a while now.

Easy Answer Button Free