• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root From stock 2.0.1 to Bugless Beast ROM (For beginners)

did you happen to unzip it and then rezip it? make sure when you download the update.zip, you dont let it unzip its self.

Also, did you hit "allow update.zip installation" before you hit "install update.zip"

also if you have done all that, try renaming the update.zip to just "update" and retry it

I had similar issue installing Chevy Kernals til I tried going from update.zip to "update". That worked for me thanks man!

Upvote 0
I had similar issue installing Chevy Kernals til I tried going from update.zip to "update". That worked for me thanks man!

That's because your computer is set to hide file extensions, most likely. So update.zip would be update.zip.zip for you. You really should look into showing extensions. Keeping them hidden is one of the best ways to open up malware accidentally. You will never know that harmlessdocument.doc.exe is actually a virus unless you do. :D

Upvote 0
I'm in the same boat. Got everything else going... no Root Helper to change the restore setting.

Back to the drawing board I guess.

Welcome, this is a really old post. I don't think that the suggestions on rooting here would work on the current Froyo software AFAIK. I would check out the below link for the most current information on rooting

Droid - All Things Root - Android Forums

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones