From the Bold 9700, to HTC Aria, now Samsung Captivate

Last Updated:

1. Terrigno

Terrigno Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I will say. The iphone is a nice device dont get me wrong, but Im extremely proud of what Samsung had to offer with this Captive. This is officially the best smartphone I ever owned in my life. I dont think I can ever look back to BlackBerry again with something like this. Kinda makes me wonder why I didnt jump in on Android devices in the first place. This phone, is by far one of the best phones on the market today. Im extremely please with the quality of a samsung phone. First time I ever owned one and my sister has the instinct. I always looked down on Samsung because of the instinct she owned but this one. WOW, Blows me out of the water with the display and touch. Its incredible!

Quick question, anyone know how when I plug it up to the computer, what setting I have to put it on? Or does Samsung have a program for it that you download to work with it like HTC and BlackBerry does? Thanks guys.

Advertisement
  2. Duck Tales LOL

Duck Tales LOL Well-Known Member

You probably never jumped ship to Android because AT&T never had a decent one. (Although the Aria is pretty good too) :)

The proper setting for the computer would be "Mass Storage". You can either select it when the phone is plugged in, or set it to always use Mass Storage by going to Settings > Applications > USB settings.

Once you have the phone plugged in, you will need to drag down the notification bar from the top of the phone, click "USB Connected" and hit "Mount". Once the phone has been mounted, you will see it in your "My Computer" list of drives.

3. Terrigno

Terrigno Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you so much buddy. I really appreciate it!

4. Duck Tales LOL

Duck Tales LOL Well-Known Member

No problem!