From WinMo to Android, how did you transfer contacts?Support

Last Updated:

1. deryn

deryn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I sync'd my Touch Pro with Gmail and set up my Gmail on the Hero. Anyone else do something different?

Advertisement
  2. cwrig

cwrig Well-Known Member

I had contacts a few different places. So I consolidated them all into GMAIL contacts by exporting to csv files then importing into GMAIL. Kinda a pain, but its pain i created by being disorganized. Now all contacts in one place and it works beautifully.

3. mustang5o

mustang5o Well-Known Member

Had old MotoQ and Outlook contacts synced then used Google sync to get everything over to Google. Used that to get everything on my BB before jumping on the Hero. I signed on the Hero with gmail and it was all just there.

4. BiGeMs X

BiGeMs X Member

i had win mo before i got my hero, all my contacts were in outlook, go to htc website and there is an update to HTC sync that allows it to sync with your outlook contacts.
    go to: HTC - Support - HTC Hero? (Sprint) - Software Download
    if that link doesn't work, go to Htc.com-->support-->htc hero (sprint) and it's your 1st option

5. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

I did pretty much the same thing. Only took one evening, but was totally worth it.

From what I've seen, it's better to have gmail and google calendar up and running before you get an Android. I've seen people have issues where because they didn't have a calendar set up on their google account an extra "phone calendar" was created that was different and so their calendar didn't link up correctly from web to phone.

6. ChrisPlague

ChrisPlague Well-Known Member

i used a cellebrite

7. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

i still use a PPC phone and the hero. HTC sync is easy to use and works well. im an outlook user....

8. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Well-Known Member

I'd just export my contacts from Outlook into a .csv file. I did this on my exchange email, uploaded the file to gmail and let gmail sync on my Hero.

9. deryn

deryn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have one available to me but it did the opposite of what I wanted it to do.. it erased everything.. luckily I had a PIM.VOL, just reloaded it to my old TP

10. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

I used Windows Mobile. I sync all my contacts and calender from Outlook. The software syncs just fine. I use outlook everyday.