1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Front Camera Not Working

1. Shmooey

Shmooey Well-Known Member

My front camera doesn't work on snapchat, but it works on everything else like the regular camera and other apps. It only does this on some roms but the last 2 that I've used, it hasn't worked. Is this rom related or what??

Advertisement
  2. biker57

biker57 VIP Member VIP Member

You didn't mention which roms you've tried, but any ICS or JB rom will not have a front facing camera (FFC). Just in case you're wondering this will be the case regardless of the camera app you are using.
    Mikestony, ocnbrze and tube517 like this.
  3. Shmooey

Ya sorry about that, the last 2 roms I tried were gingerbread roms. I knew about the ICS and Jellybean thing where it doesnt work (which sucks)
    ocnbrze likes this.
  4. biker57

Is your issue only with Snapchat or with the camera app too.
    Mikestony and ocnbrze like this.
  5. Shmooey

Only with snapchat. All the other apps that would use the front camera work fine
  6. biker57

I'm not that familiar with Snapchat , but it might just be a app that won't play nice with the roms you're using. You might have to play around with a few roms and see it you can find another one that works for you.

Don't forget to make a backup of your current rom if you think you might want to go back to it.
    Mikestony likes this.
  7. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

I think it's a Snapchat thing not an EVO thing. I just googled "snapchat front facing camera not working evo" and it looks like a common issue.
    Mikestony, Shmooey and biker57 like this.
  8. G2435

G2435 Well-Known Member

Snapchat ffc works for me on dk v9