• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Front Face Camera Problem

DeeZul

Lurker
Jan 23, 2012
I'm having an issue with the front camera.
I used it like once before and it was cool.
But now I tried to use it and the quality is bad and it's all discolored. I tried it in all diff lighting and it wont adjust.
Also I went into "Manage Applications" and cleared the data and still no luck.
Can someone help me return it back to nomal please?

I just got off of the phone with Verizon. I called because the front camera on my HTC Android Incredible 2 stopped working quite a few months ago when the phone did it's own little "update." After the taking the battery off, and re programming, it still doesn't work. According to the rep at VZW, the updates come from the manufacturer and cannot be stopped. Also she said that the camera issue is a known problem and their solution is to send the phone back & get a new one. If she knew this, then why did she spend 30 minutes making me fiddle with the phone?? I have several problems with this, as the phone is not recognizing when it is plugged into the computer so that I can backup photos, contacts, etc. Also, the inability to back up text messages is a bummer. This solution is no solution at all, and I think that with all of these "updates" from the manufaturer, HTC should be focusing on fixing their blunders before updating anything else. HTC needs to start asking for our feedback! If you are thinking about switching service providers, do not goto Verizon ever!

Upvote 0
I know these are old posts , but I've same problem even now so there might be a fix ?
I’ve HTC one Mini , os version 4.4.2.
Not able to switch to front camera , I did factory reset , no use. Just after factory reset , when opened the camera app it does give a message “swipe to switch between main and front camera ” but if I swipe - the screen brightness changes but not camera , really frustrated burnt lot of night oil ,
I remember it was working earlier , all of sudden stopped working , thought might be due to other apps I installed. Strange even for factory reset its same ( note after factory rest I’ve not restored any data to avoid any conflict )

Also I tried below but no luck:
-Restart your phone on safe-mode
-Go to camera app, you'll see the switch button again ( I didn't see the button )
-Restart your phone as normal

Any help please , please

Reactions: bberryhill0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones