Front-Facing Camera Angle

Last Updated:

1. kellte2

kellte2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've just been fooling with the front facing camera and I noticed something that maybe some of you can explain more thoroughly. When I have the camera held vertically, the alignment is great, but when I turn the phone horizontally the image has a funny angle. It is almost like the lens is angled to the right, which would mean that it is slightly angled down when held vertically. Am I just getting goofed up by the "mirror image" issue?

This isn't a problem, but it does make self portraits while being horizontally held pretty weird. Anyone else notice this?

Advertisement
  2. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

i havent noticed.

3. cokane

cokane Member

how do you turn the front facing camera on?

4. dr g

dr g Well-Known Member

I do notice that I have a tricky time framing when doing a vertical self-portrait. However I wonder if it is angled to provide a more natural angle when videoconferencing ... after all the camera is to the left of the screen when horizontal.

5. ovdevil

ovdevil Member

Turn on camera then open side menu open settings and menu to change camera is on top.

6. Kelita

Kelita Well-Known Member

I have noticed it, though I only used it once and had to keep deleting the pictures because they were kind of skewed. If the picture has something in writing, it makes the writing backwards.

7. denise1768

denise1768 Well-Known Member

Oh, I've taking some funny looking pictures with the front facing camera. It definitely warps my face when taking from a different angle.