Front facing camera doesnt work...Support

Last Updated:

1. 3ricG

3ricG Well-Known Member

My forward facing camera does not work. Every time i switch to it, it force closes. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. Pretkomel

Pretkomel Well-Known Member

I saw this problem somewhere. If I remember well, clearing cache/data fixes it. Not 100% sure, but it would not hurt. Let me know if it works.
    3ricG and VixPix like this.
  3. VixPix

VixPix New Member

Having the same issue and this just worked for me. Manage Applications>Camera>Clear Data
  4. 3ricG

3ricG Well-Known Member

I just tried it, and it worked for me as well. Thanks (to both of you)!
  5. defcon888

defcon888 Member

My front facing camera doesn't work at all :mad:. I don't get the "switch camera" option in the camera app. It worked this morning before I installed MANUALLY the supposed "OTA Gingerbread leak". I can't even restore to the original ROM because the bootloader is locked.

Any suggestions?
  6. panther2469

panther2469 Well-Known Member

GB is going to have a fix for it
  7. defcon888

defcon888 Member

It works......there is a little camera ICON in the upper left corner that switches. I like it better than the old way!
  8. theBIGyowski

theBIGyowski New Member

Is the FFC working in Google Talk for anyone? I cannot be the only one having this problem. What is the point of having video chatting on your phone if you can't use your FFC? I'm praying it's something they can fix with an update to GTalk.
  9. luverofpeanuts

luverofpeanuts New Member

FFC doesn't work on Google Talk 1.3 for me after the update. The rear camera works. joy.
  10. SeekerOfTheWay

SeekerOfTheWay Well-Known Member

Skype with video is awesome!
  11. ride_k2

ride_k2 Member

I'm also having this issue and everyone else I know who has a Thunderbolt running new OTA to GB.

My Google talk icon is a speaker instead of a video-camera
    When I attempt to make a call w/ Google Talk, it attempts to connect the call with the rear camera and even that doesn't work.

Skype works but Google talk does not... I want Google Talk video!!!!!! Not Skype

Help Please!
  12. haw1144

haw1144 New Member

my skype ffc works but the person on the other end cant hear me whatsoever? i can hear them fine though?

is there a setting i need to set or something?
  13. Cares

Cares Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue on my EVO 4G. My FFC used to work with GTalk 1.3. I don't know what I did (I didn't touch GTalk) but it stopped working. It only works with the main camera and I lost the button that used to let me switch between the 2 cameras.
  14. isaiah w

isaiah w New Member

I have a zte and my front facing camera worked when i first got it but now the button dosent even show anymore.i got another camera app and it said something about updae os but i dont kno what that means.it also affects oovoo it says that my device isnt capatible with oovoo.can i please have help!!!!!