• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Front facing camera or no?

do you have to have a front facing camera to take a screenshot? If not, how in the hell do you do it on the indulge?

No there is only one camera on the indulge and there is no way to put a second camera on the device.

btw I am guessing that you think people use a front facing camera on the indulge for taking screenshots lmao.

People use apps for taking screenshots not a second front facing camera, and even if there was a second front facing camera there would be no way to take a screenshot with it, how would that be possible anyway? lol

Download apps from the market to take screenshots, a free one would be https://market.android.com/details?id=com.geeksoft.screenshot&feature=search_result and if you are willing to pay get screenshot it which is the best.

Upvote 0
do you have to have a front facing camera to take a screenshot? If not, how in the hell do you do it on the indulge?

You can take a screenshot, but you don't use the camera to do it, you use software that will take a screenshot of the screen of your phone.

One software that is free and avsailable in the market is the one that Kaiser17 was talking about: screenshot.

here is the link to get it (Same link that kaiser17 provided on his post):

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.geeksoft.screenshot&feature=search_result

I hope this answers your question. ;)

Reactions: Hauttie5000
Upvote 0
booooooooo, get back on topic, AND I'm a chick not a bro :)
so after the answer anyway the real answer after looking on the market is, I NEED TO ROOT MY PHONE

My mistake miss. Well sorry this phone was suppost to have a front facing camera but they axed because of the budget. Yes you need to root it for the screen shot.

Reactions: Hauttie5000
Upvote 0
its okay. Its weird for a girl to be on these i know, but i thought with hauttie5000 it would be obvious that i was female. please someone give me confidence to root my phone, im just afraid im gonna brick it!

trust me we seen a lot of weird names in here...LOL but the best way to do that is to put a picture of a girl as your avatar(or your own pic) that usually stops us from calling your "bro" :D but you can root it and un rooted. There was a one click root and un root around here. so relax missy :D I haven't unrooted mine because im thinking of switching to the Esteem or the iphone 5(since my job pays half of my bill and we can upgrade ....LOL)

Upvote 0
secretly its ok to call me bro, but as soon as i figure out how to put my pic up i wil cz thats how vain i am, i guess i will search for that one click (sounds scary) root.

you know as soon as you told me to call you bro...the clip of Rush hour 2 came in here Tucker is trying to sweet talk the killer girl lol....to add a pic you have to go into your profile to add a pic

Upvote 0
booooooooo, get back on topic, AND I'm a chick not a bro :)
so after the answer anyway the real answer after looking on the market is, I NEED TO ROOT MY PHONE

To use the screenshot app you dont need a rooted phone although that app says you do, you really dont. Go download it and try it, before my phone was rooted I thought the same thing, but others here let me know that it doesnt have to be rooted to use that app. It works perfectly.

Upvote 0
To use the screenshot app you dont need a rooted phone although that app says you do, you really dont. Go download it and try it, before my phone was rooted I thought the same thing, but others here let me know that it doesnt have to be rooted to use that app. It works perfectly.

I've tried EVERY screenshot app in the market on NONE work on my non rooted indulge not even the one that is SPECIFICALLY for non rooted phones. :(

Upvote 0
I've tried EVERY screenshot app in the market on NONE work on my non rooted indulge not even the one that is SPECIFICALLY for non rooted phones. :(

Well did you try shootme? Its works on non rooted phones. Its removed from the market so you will have to download the file and put it on your memory card then use a file manager such as ASTRO or ES File Explorer to open it and install it.

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Click "Direct Download" on the right.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yes there is only one camera and we can not install your camera on it but we can use it if any one want it.

25810.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones