Front facing camera

Last Updated:

1. jpzcd

jpzcd New Member This Topic's Starter

Are you able to use the front facing camera to take a pic of yourself? I'm not an ego maniac, lol, just an idiot I guess:confused:. One more question, is there any other way using the stock programs to assign a picture to a contact without having to use the phone's own camera? i.e. linking a pic to contact from facebook or from the sd card? Thanks!!!!!:D

Advertisement
  2. SebastianX

SebastianX Well-Known Member

Yes! It's also pretty darn good even in low light for what it is.

3. megabiteg

megabiteg Well-Known Member

Regarding the Contact Situation, just edit the specific contact in the Address book and select the pic you want to use for them, it's an easy straight forward process.

Let me know if you need additional help.

4. duratime

duratime Well-Known Member

I don't have the phone yet (get mine on Friday), but I saw on a demo on You Tube that the narrator used what I think was called "self portrait" to turn on the front camera and snap a picture of himself. As for getting a photo to contact there are several ways to do it, put the pictures on you SD card or download from a website, email or text, or use the camera to take picture. Go to the Gallery and select the "set as" then "contact icon", crop the pic and there you go. My preferred way to do it (when I have computer access) is on Gmail, find the contact, and select it, click on the "add a picture", find the file, and it will eventually end up on your phone. I'm not sure if it will sync pictures of the social media sites like the Pre would though, I personally don't use them.

5. mjnoles1

mjnoles1 Well-Known Member

In regard to the front facing camera. I know you can use it for video calling. But, can it be used for Skype specifically?

6. aznmode

aznmode Well-Known Member

I don't believe it can be used for Skype yet. Same goes for the Evo.

7. aznmode

aznmode Well-Known Member

So I tried Qik last night in my room and wow the front cameras light sensor is great. I can see myself completely on the Evo which I was doing Qik with. I can't say the same about the Evo front camera though. I could barely see anything being projected on the Epic. Very dark.