• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

front facing led? But not really

Why the hell is there two little led s on the front of the phone? One actually looks like a camera and one looks like it could be a flashing led. Did att disable this or something? Or was it stripped out of the phone at the last minute? ****ed up. I miss the flashing led from my blackberry, but whatever, blackberry is light years behind every single platform

You might consider doing some research into some of the various custom ROMs built on Froyo. Many of them have a feature called "BLN" (Back Light Notification). If you're running a ROM with BLN, when you have a notification on your phone (text, email), the 4 soft keys on your phone will light up. You can also have those 4 soft keys blink as well.

I too miss the LED on my Blackberry, and BLN has filled that void for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones