FroShedYo v7

Last Updated:

1. knitpurlgurl

knitpurlgurl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I flashed FroShedYo v7 2 days ago and am still trying to decide if I should leave it on my phone for awhile. I had great luck with Nonsensikal v13.2. With FroShedYo v7, I am noticing quite a few bugs and lag.

Several times since I flashed FroShedYo, I've noticed that my dock icons were missing. One time I rebooted and half of my apps did not show up on my phone. It's not as responsive as Nonsensikal. The camera works fine. And I really do LOVE the design and font used.

I think I'll play with it for another day or so. If the lag and bugginess continues, I'll likely flash back to Nonsensikal v13.2

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I think Nonsensikal is just a hair smoother - and that's little bitty hair by the way.
    However what really made me move from FroShedYo (back) to Nonsensikal was the semi-transparent menus that FroShedYo uses. While Shed's theme is attractive, having screens bleed through the menus was causing a problem for me. It should be noted that I'm 50 years old and need reading glasses to CLEARLY see the display on the phone. If I have reading glasses on then I don't have a problem, but if I'm using the phone without glasses (which is most of the time) then having the screens bleed through makes things just that much harder to read. I realize the 'fault' here is with my eyes and not with Shed's ROM.
    I did not have the missing icons or apps problem that KPG has, but I didn't occasionally notice a bit of a slow down at times. Most notably on an incoming call, it was fairly common to get two rings before the lock screen came up so that I could answer the phone. Not a huge problem, just an annoyance at times.

3. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I can't use FroshedYo because the font that is used is nearly impossible to distinguish between normal and boldface fonts, and that is the main way to distinguish unread from read messages in the gmail app. I just find myself always going back to CELB - I find it works best for me.

4. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

I've been running FroShedYo for a couple of weeks with no problems. I love the text Icons, and it seems to be smoother on the camera for me.

5. knitpurlgurl

knitpurlgurl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Update on FroShedYo v7: VERY buggy and lots of lag for me. Sometimes it runs smoothly and sometimes it gets very finicky. The camera was not an issue at all. I used the camera with no lag and no freezing up. But several phone calls did not ring through on my phone. Several times text message or email notifications did not sound. There was significant lag in the browser, making phone calls, and text messaging.

I restored Nonsensikal v13.2 - still the smoothest Froyo ROM I've used.

6. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Thanks for the update KPG.
    Guess I'll stick with Nonsensikal. :)

7. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

I've been jinxed!!! Just yesterday, I missed a couple of calls (no big deal, no voicemail = no important) becuase the phone never rang. Went to verify my ringtone, and I had "The Silent Bug".... Rebooting fixed it, but still... Everything was good until I replied on this thread.....

Waiting for the new NonSenSikal to be re-released (but I'm hanging on to the cool Text Icons)