Frostwire Beta - Dosent recognize allys wifi.Support

Last Updated:

1. Mitchell4500

Mitchell4500 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I got into the frostwire Android beta. I cant run it all all. It wont recognize my wifi signal because apparently to use Frostwire you need to have a "WiFi" connection. Well... Im connected but Frostwire thinks Im a lier and keeps saying "I must connect". I keep asking the frostwire team but they keep telling me to try restarting my WiFi. Iv done this and It dosent help then they just ignore my email. So Im turning to the community for any ideas? Apparently things like this happened to other phones with other apps. So is there some sort of "Common" bug?

Advertisement
  2. gubatron

gubatron Member

Please try running aLogCat before you start FrostWire.

Run FrostWire, try to connect to your Wi-Fi network when FrostWire asks you to, choose the network, go back, hit connect, hit disconnect, if it still keeps asking you to join the wifi network, cancel, go to aLogCat, and send me the output of aLogCat to take a look at it. We really want to close this issue but we have no way of replicating it, we have 3 phones here, and all of them connect fine to the Wi-Fi network.

Also, please let us know (again) what phone you have, we can ask in the group if somebody with the same phone has the same issue.

3. Mitchell4500

Mitchell4500 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Do you want me to use any filters?

The phone is a LG Ally.

4. KCrick

KCrick Well-Known Member

I downloaded it on my Ally too, just to test. Both times I got the same error, tested with phone rooted, and non rooted just to be sure.

5. gubatron

gubatron Member