FroydVillain 1.5.0 MMS Issue

Last Updated:

1. Mozz

Mozz New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, I hope someone can help I've searched but haven't seen any other complaints so I'm guessing I'm the odd one out and it's something that can be fixed, I'm loving the new ROM and everything else seems to work fine but I'm unable to download any MMS I receive. When I click to download there seems to be an attempt to download the message with no success. I'm not sure what action to take as I installed the ROM from a clean wipe any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Velohub

Velohub New Member

I had the same issue.

I migrated to Froyd 1.5.0 from VillainRom 10 and expected Titanium Backup to see me fully sorted for transferring settings, MMS, Wifi, Contacts etc. Unfortunately, there are known compatability issues with Titanium Backup and 2.2 - something to do with the "apps2sd" implementation apparently??!??

After various attempts clearing data, caches and uninstalling programs etc. I found that reverting back to my previous ROM, backing up messages using SMS Backup & Restore (Market), re-installing Froyd and choosing only to restore certain programs and settings from Titanium Backup (i.e. not messages) and then importing my backup from SMS B & R solved the problem.

Good luck - it's the best modified ROM I've used so far, glitches aside.

Mozz likes this.
  3. Mozz

Mozz New Member This Topic's Starter

Definitely love this ROM so thanks for the advice hopefully it will stop me from having to downgrade.