FroydVillain Help?

Last Updated:

1. AidanW

AidanW Active Member This Topic's Starter

Little help needed, or extra info if you care. I have just flashed this ROM onto my hero and been playing around with it for a little while. Do you only get the 3 screens though? I have seen on this video posted around these threads YouTube - 3 New Killer Features Added to LauncherPro! and he seems to have the standard 7 screens.. Would the Launchpro app give me my screens back? or was that just a feature of the Sense UI that i no longer have?
    Cheers, A

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

You need to have a poke around in the settings, you can pick the number of screens (and a tonne of other things) in there.

From the homescreen, hit Menu and then pick Preferences.

3. AidanW

AidanW Active Member This Topic's Starter

yes, i found that out shortly after i posted haha thanks anyway. Now i have a new problem, everytime i try to download something off the market, it reports Download unsuccessful.. any ideas?

L.E- Actually think its the Installing which is the problem not the downloading

4. stoney73

stoney73 Well-Known Member

are you trying to download free or paid apps? I remember getting the 'Download unsuccessful' error when trying to buy an app and I'd entered the wrong cc details lol.

5. Karum

Karum Active Member

I sometimes get the Download Unsuccessful message and tbh I'm not sure what causes it as it pops up every now and again. Normally a reboot would fix it for me but still sometimes it happens.

6. ticho

ticho Well-Known Member

Check in the FroydVillain 1.4.x release post (first post of the thread) - a fix is mentioned there. Another fix is reported to be migrating your @googlemail.com account to @gmail.com, as it seems to only be an issue for those with @googlemail.com accounts. No idea if it's really true, but in any case, I was able to download stuff from the Market just fine, and I use @gmail.com account for my Hero.

7. stoney73

stoney73 Well-Known Member

my googlemail acc works fine.

8. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

First thing to try is clearing the Market cache in Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications.

If that doesn't help try removing the directory .android_secure from your SDCard

If that still doesn't help... post back :)