• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

froyo 2.2 aggravation - lock button

ok this might not sound like a pain to most... but it is to me... after updating to 2.2 now i can turn my screen back on with any button and not just the top power button
i dont like this... no telling how many times i hit the camera button while it is in my pocket and the screen comes on
i want it back to just the power button to turn the screen on
anyone know how to change this

and a side note... running out of space... THEN I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DELETE TWITTER!!! so far i hate 2.2

ok this might not sound like a pain to most... but it is to me... after updating to 2.2 now i can turn my screen back on with any button and not just the top power button
i dont like this... no telling how many times i hit the camera button while it is in my pocket and the screen comes on

and a side note... running out of space... THEN I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DELETE TWITTER!!! so far i hate 2.2

Check your settings. I am running Froyo FRG01B and cannot turn my screen on with anything BUT the power button.

Kratos

Upvote 0

I'm the same as Kratos, no button besides the power button will turn mine on. Maybe your keyboard slid out a little bit? That will turn your screen on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones