Froyo 2.2 and Sirius Online PlayerSupport

Last Updated:

1. vblick

vblick Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone who has 2.2 installed - who also has a sirius online subscription - see if you can now stream audio from the online player?

With 2.1 it would load the flash player, allow you to select a channel, but wouldn't stream any audio. I'm really hoping this isn't the case on 2.2.

thx

Advertisement
  2. cooper1010

cooper1010 Well-Known Member

i tried for you, friend, but the online player sign in is so buggy on my laptop (even though i tried that first to make sure i remembered my online id) that it's a total pita on the phone. it kept saying i was putting in the wrong user id or password. i gave up

can't you just get the app? works pretty good for me.

3. eric3316

eric3316 Well-Known Member

I would assume the OP is looking for some Howard Stern action?

4. vblick

hehe...yup...

i know what you mean about that buggy login. Please give it another shot though :) i've been waiting (fingers crossed) for a while...

5. cooper1010

ok, just for you...

6. cooper1010

sorry, no dice. i was able to log in, select howard, howard 100, hit play...nothing. it says "now playing" and i'm able to hit stop and play, but no audio (yes, it's turned up).

under the player is a lego block with a "?," so something must be missing (yes, i have 2.2 and flash is workink perfect for me).

7. vblick

That blows. Same behavior as before. thanks for checking though. Someone needs to develop something for this.

8. evoruss

evoruss Member

I also have more bad news (sorry). Since I have upgraded to 2.2 the sirius App no longer works properly. It continuously repeats stuff that has already played. Like its on repeat or something... I have already e-mailed them about this, so HOPEFULLY they fix this issue.

9. cooper1010

sounds like you're listening to hits 1 :rolleyes:

mine's working fine.

10. EVOLICIOUS

EVOLICIOUS Well-Known Member

download XiiaLive from the market and then search you will find what your seeking young jedi

eric3316 likes this.
  11. kencrudup

kencrudup Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've seen this too, and it's hilarious sometimes that it'll wind back like 2 mins- but usually switching channels (or hitting pause, IIRC) will fix it, too. Sad part is, it's actually an improvement, as under 2.1 the player used to claim "Lost Network Connection" so often as to be unusuable.

12. ZXMustang

ZXMustang Well-Known Member

You cant get howard through the sirius player for the phones at all. But xiia live will have him.

13. cooper1010

only 101, right? that seems to be the case with all streaming apps.

better than nothing, but i prefer howard 100.

i'd prefer the flash version of the desktop player, b/c i'm afraid once football season starts, the mobile app will not carry all the games, and, now that verizon stole the official nfl app, that sprint's "football" app will not have the necessary license to rebroadcast every game.

14. vblick

yea, just 101. My experience is that the feed isn't very reliable or always on. I came from an iPhone and they had pockettunes which was amazing. They don't have an android app though. Grr.

15. mark0695

mark0695 Member

works fine for me and worked fine in 2.1 just the occasional lag. I cant get the nascar radio to work it force closes on me at launch. i even reinstalled it. Hopefully the football ap works.

16. ken987

ken987 Member

Me too. Any channel I pick is a mess. Repeat repeat repeat...

17. mark0695

mark0695 Member

i take back what i said about the sirius it keeps skipping back over and over no matter what channel

18. cooper1010

me too. maybe it's the record player over at sirius hq, but the song that was just on was skipping like crazy.

i wanted to see what the latest comments were for the app, but i can't find it in my downloads nor in the market. weird.

19. evoruss

evoruss Member

sxmmobile@quickplay.com <--- Developer's e-mail address.

The app hasn't been updated at all. Still on version 1.0. I think it's time for an update!

20. dfine1966

dfine1966 Member

I just got off the phone with Sirius. Supposedly, they thought they fixed the problem with Nexus 1 and Froyo. The Sirius Rep said he wasn't sure what they reported, but this is what the Tech support told each caller. They told everyone that called to go to application in settings area. Go to the Sirius App. First, clear data or clear cache(most likely data). Then, uninstall the Sirius App and then reinstall it. See if that fixes the problem. Of, course, by reading the other forums, it didn't fix anything. But, for some odd reason, not many people called back to tell Sirius that their fix didn't work.

So now on to me. First, like everyone else, we all have the looping/repeating issue, with skipping also. Everyone has had this problem since updating to Froyo 2.2. I told tech support this and they have now escalated back the problem. Before I called, I did what was told to do, clear data, uninstall the Sirius App and then reinstall the Sirius APP, and still got the same problem. This is important. Everyone now needs to call Sirius and let them know about the problem. You must first try the clear data and uninstall and reinstall first before you call, because they will ask if you tried this first. The more people that call, the faster it will get fixed, because it will become more of a priority. I also mentioned to the Tech Support for Sirius that I was on the EVO 4G, and we just got Froyo, 2.2 yesterday, and the Droid is getting it today and Droid X and Incredible soon afterwards. They better correct the problem before they get flooded with calls. The Tech guy said for me to go onto the forums and tell everyone that is having this problem to call Sirius.

So, if you are having the looping/skipping problem with the Sirius App since installing Froyo, call Sirius now and ask for tech support.

21. evoruss

evoruss Member

I gave them a call also. No solution as of yet... Planning on cancelling my membership if its not fixed soon :(

22. navin

navin Active Member

Worked fine on my Droid with 2.1 yesterday. After 2.2 upgrade, I get the looping problem on Sirius too. I emailed Sirius about it.

23. vblick

Okay - There is a way to get howard stern on your phone for free and via pay service.

The first is a shout out to EVOLICIOUS. Download XiiaLive (lite) from the market place. If you just do a search for "howard stern" a few streams will come up - one being from crystalone.net. This is a free open link that i find cuts out after a few minutes of listening.

The paid option is also done via crystalone.net. Go to CrystalOne: Premium Access and sign up for a plan ($9 is cheapest monthly price) and they'll provide you with everything howard stern. Simply copy one of the streams - got to Xiialive favorites - and click "add url" to paste the stream. Then go to sirius and cancel your account :) Stern is the only reason I have sirius. Pandora will pick up the slack.

24. absolUtmagnitUd

absolUtmagnitUd New Member

Hey all, just thought you should know:
    SIRIUS|XM on Android

""froyo" update coming soon" you can get notified when it's available by putting in email address.

25. 355spider

355spider Well-Known Member

Still looping on fresh 2.2