1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

FroYo 2.2 for Legend

1. duberman

duberman Member

It will speed things up that's for sure and that alone will make it worth it. Not sure if it'll fix the wifi issues and I doubt it'll allow you to record in HD.

Another plus is the ability to install apps on the SD card. There's just not enough space on this phone.
  2. Lord Qwerty

Lord Qwerty New Member

I personally am very excited about Froyo on my
    new legend, though Ill first check some reviews
    if its worth upgrading (speed etc.).
  3. bullchicken

bullchicken Member

Since every 2010 phone has been updated apart from the legend I tried to ask for a simple yes or no, not asking about dates, just a yes or no on twitter and surprisingly never got a response. Will update if I do

4. mgillespie

mgillespie Well-Known Member

There are other 2010 phones that are still waiting, the wildfire for example
  5. bullchicken

bullchicken Member

Sorry, my bad. I thought it already had it.
  6. subbarao.t

subbarao.t Member

The Acrobat Reader does not open password protected PDFs. The native one does!!
  7. subbarao.t

subbarao.t Member

"Thank you for contacting our Customer Support Center. We are dedicated to providing you with the best quality service and answering all of your questions and concerns. To clarify your issue, you stated that: You want a ROM upgrade (Froyo) for your HTC Legend. In this regard we would like to intimate you that we are working closely with Google and our other partners to ensure we have the earliest access to everything we need to provide a complete and solid Sense experience on FROYO. We expect to release all updates in the second half of this year but can't be more specific yet. You can also call our Call Center at: 1800 11 33 77 if you have further questions. Thank you once again for your continued patronage."
  8. M0ffe

M0ffe Active Member

Second half? That is more or less a joke...
  9. kennyk11

kennyk11 Member

..wasn't it at some point someone was saying mid September?... so much for that...I mean what the hell is the big deal with just letting customers know exactly whats going on with the update for the legend..does it always have to be this shroud of secrecy or vagueness..this is really annoying
  10. mgillespie

mgillespie Well-Known Member

Unfortunately software development timescales are notoriously hard to predict. Sure they could have given us a fixed date and then released what they had, working or not, but I would prefer to have WORKING stuff, when it's ready.

I'm sick to death of broken rushed out products that were released to fixed deadlines. I suffered 4 years of multiple broken Xboxes as a result of this development mode.

Sometimes it better to hangfire and wait till it's ready.
  11. nolook

nolook Active Member

wildfire already has a leaked official froyo rom...
  12. OObatz

OObatz Member

Patience is a virtue..

Mark Moons (markmoons) on Twitter

"Begrijp dat we om geduld vragen, maar er wordt nog steeds gewerkt aan 2.2 op Legend. Testing momenteel in volle gang."

Understand that we ask for patience, but is still working on 2.2 on Legend. Testing currently underway.
  13. kennyk11

kennyk11 Member

..I hear you guys.. all of this waiting with little tid bits here and there is starting to take its toll...lol..woosah!
  14. mjf1

mjf1 Well-Known Member

Yes, I want Froyo. I want to see if my Legend runs faster with an upgraded OS. I want to be able to move my apps to my SD card. I don't want to be left behind other Android phones. But, is it the end of the world for me if I don't get it? Nope - I love my Legend. It is the best phone I have ever had with respect to transmission and reception. I have no issues with the smooth running HTC Sense interface. I have more than enough great free apps from the market loaded on my phone. The screen beats just about any phone out there. And battery life is acceptable for me. So, having said all of the above, give me a bug-free Froyo asap, please!
  15. M0ffe

M0ffe Active Member

Sure. Bug-free is more important. And also I am very content with my legend without , I would just like some of the new features. And according to Mark Moons it is in testing, so it will arrive almost for certain I guess.
  16. parker09

parker09 Well-Known Member

Well I've given up the wait, even if we do get HTC versions of 2.2 for the Legend imagine how long we'll have to wait for Gingerbread (if ever we get it), Imo do what I did, just root the phone & install Azure or another FroYo ROM.
  17. HpX

HpX Member

Dear *****,

we send out our updates in a systematic queue system. Unfortunately our customers dont recive the updates at the same time.

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number *******.

Sincerely,

Semira

Have any of you received the OTA. seems that they have started shiping it out.
  18. Fish-Bone

Fish-Bone Well-Known Member

It looks like they "generally send out updates in such order". Doesn't sound like they would have already started doing it.
  19. HpX

HpX Member

i gott one more mail from HTC :(
    Dear *******,

Maybe you should try to do a hard reset on the phone since it could be a bug in the system. Unfortunately legend phones dont get 2.2, and we dont have any information if it will recive the update 2.2 in the future.

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number *******.

Sincerely,

Semira
  20. Sarahnya

Sarahnya Active Member

I've just ordered an HTC Legend and I know it comes with 2.1 but is it possble to upgrade to 2.2? (I'm an Android noob!).
  21. parker09

parker09 Well-Known Member

Not yet, was supposed to come out during Q3 of this year, but nothing seems to be going on, I moved on and rooted & now running Azure 1.0.1 which is a FroYo ROM.
  22. Sarahnya

Sarahnya Active Member

Oh dear thats not good news, still we haven't heard it's definitely not coming so I can still hope.
  23. Sarahnya

Sarahnya Active Member

Can they not make up thier minds?
  24. p0is0n87

p0is0n87 Member

hey parker, is the azure 1.0.1 froyo rom stable? mind telling me where u get it? thanks man!
  25. M0ffe

M0ffe Active Member

Isn't this just a typical support team that get half of their information from marketing, half from engineering but don't really know anything themselves?