FroYo 2.2 for Legend

1. dublevay

dublevay Active Member

Have you actually seen proof of that? The only thing I saw was that "Both handsets are functionality identical to the previous versions, so you get Android 2.2 and HTC Sense on both" - which doesn't make a lot of sense - well, apart from HTC Sense, of course! :rolleyes:
  2. stewy

stewy Well-Known Member

boo-urns!
  3. heyitsericc

heyitsericc Well-Known Member

I don't know exactly where, but this guy bought the new phantom black HTC Legend and confirmed that it was only 2.1 running on it.

But after finding out about LauncherPro, I lost interested in FroYo.
  4. dublevay

dublevay Active Member

FWIW - although I still check this thread unhealthily often, my desire for FroYo has become lessened due to the missus' update on her Desire to 2.2. Although it has a few nice features, it seems to be nowhere near as stable as 2.1.

Hopefully when/if we do get it, it will be far more stable.
  5. Androidin'

Androidin' Active Member

Really? My wife just got a legend and I have a desire running 2.2. Setting up her phone for her I miss some of the features I've gotten used to like better gmail app, voice search, faster browsing to name a few. I really hope htc keeps their promise and comes through with 2.2 for the legend.
  6. NinjaCupcakes

NinjaCupcakes New Member

7. M0ffe

M0ffe Active Member

Strange. I was certain that Froyo *was* out already for the Wildfire :)

... but of course I do not really follow the wildfire, but I *do* hope that froyo will soon arrive for the Legend, even though I miss only calendar sync for secondary google accounts...
  8. bigmick

bigmick Member

9. OObatz

OObatz Member

"HTC
    We know that a number of you have been very vocal about wanting an update for your Legend. First and foremost, we would like to apologize for not responding to your ongoing pleas about the update. But we have been listening. We have been working hard to find the most accurate information about how the update is progressing, and when it will be ready for all of you
  10. wmtoandroid

wmtoandroid Well-Known Member

11. stewy

stewy Well-Known Member

This is good news!
  12. bigmick

bigmick Member

Oh yes, it was surely a hard task to compose this piece of information to us:
    to say something encouraging but nothing that could be hauled up for.
  13. c_man

c_man Well-Known Member

14. funmonk01

funmonk01 Member

15. MattDX

MattDX Member

Just finished installing it (UK vodafone) looks pretty sweet! Wifi tether and move to SDCard look like the winning features for me!
  16. ffreeek

ffreeek Member

Do you mean that, official 2.2 rolled out on your UK Vodafone Legend?!
  17. Martin L

Martin L Well-Known Member

Vodafone release before HTC :confused:

Surely not....
  18. bigmick

bigmick Member

Are you speaking about Legend?:confused:
  19. wmtoandroid

wmtoandroid Well-Known Member

According to the guys who modify ROM's, the Legend doesn't have the hardware to support wifi tethering... Do you have a Legend??
  20. victorc

victorc New Member

Hi any live wallpaper support?
  21. s17nj

s17nj Member

I just got notified on my legend (UK Voda) also.... will install later on tonight.
  22. OObatz

OObatz Member

23. billpayer

billpayer Well-Known Member

updating now :)

first thing I notice is full signal, 1 bar is normal for me

yes to live wallpapers
    new market app
    app sharing app