Froyo 2.2 IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. rizvi78

rizvi78 Member This Topic's Starter

1. Youtube app keep crashing

2. I can't close progams using ATK. I kill all the programs, but they pop right back up.

3. I cannot uninstall any apps or move them to SD card.

Anyone else experiencing this issue??

Thanks!!

Advertisement
  2. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

1. My youtube works just fine...try clearing cache/data for it.

2. Do not use ATK.

3. Try rebooting. If this does not work I would recommend backing up apps and settings (Titanium) and doing a factory reset.

3. vgp

vgp Well-Known Member

He beat me to it...

1. X2

2. Xx2 - You got two systems fighting each other so i imagine your phone will start bogging down

3. X2 - WIPE!

4. vnyislesv

vnyislesv Well-Known Member

So how can you keep the programs closed? I use ATK because on 2.1, it worked great and the phone was great.

Now they force a bunch of crap to stay open that I don't want or use. How can I delete them? Its really pissing me off. Can you help?

5. birthofahero

birthofahero Well-Known Member

You can freeze them or even completely delete the apps using Titanium Backup. Freezing the app will just disable it from the system and remove it from your app drawer. If you delete it, it will be gone.

6. allen2oo3

allen2oo3 Well-Known Member

4. keyboard lag can get really bad while sending messages

7. vnyislesv

My phone has to be rooted and its not. Anything else?

8. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Yes i figured it needed to be rooted for that. My system panel app is different too. Some things i used to kill (i'm an ocd x-windows user) just to make me feel better won't stay killed now. I would use systempanel to kill systempanel (that makes sense right?) and now that doesn't work either. Not to mention the apps in SP are grouped completely different. Mostly i feel it just needs some time to get used to.

Will move this to the support section though so it gets more attention.

9. JohnKuczek

JohnKuczek Well-Known Member

If you have to use ATK, make sure you are using the new ATK Froyo, it is a different app, still by the same dev, but it works better.

10. jbh00jh

jbh00jh Well-Known Member

All the experts say not to use a task killer with 2.2 . I use Fast Reboot to free up memory when I need it , works great. With android 2.2 you will always have programs running in the background , can't stop that. :)

11. vnyislesv

Yeah it said under ATK, to uninstall and reinstall. Talks about force closing apps. They just pop up a minute later.

I called verzion and they said to do a factory reset because the battery shouldn't drain that fast. 90% in 1 day...

12. Eris DeWitt

Eris DeWitt Active Member

I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong but, the new software doesn't kill apps because it's managing them for you. I've had my phone on since 6:45AM pst and with moderate to heavy usage (streaming, downloading, web browsing flash sites) I haven't tried to kill anything, and I have 55% battery life. This is about equal to my phones' life prior to the update, which I'm fine with. I tried for the life of me how to figure out how to kill my music app. I now have to pause and just hit home. After the pause system panel will let you kill it, but it just pops up a minute later. I'm just not going to worry about it unless it really affects the performance. As of now it's all good. I think we may all just need to adjust to how the new software operates. I'm a bit of a noob, so I might not exactly have the right theory. Anyone know anything about this??