Froyo 2.2 OTA - since root email/Facebook not updatingSupport

Last Updated:

1. t0adman

t0adman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since I rooted my phone on Monday my LPP Facebook widget isn't updating in a timely fashion (like 24 behind right now), my Gmail doesn't automatically refresh, and my corporate mail is at least 24 hours behind. Any guesses?

Advertisement
  2. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Same issue with Facebook and LPP, started yesterday for me too.:confused:
    My emails are fine though.

3. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

The FB widget was always a bit behind for me. The Twitter widget seems fine. No problems with my mail though.

4. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

It's not behind, it's flat out not working.

FYI, I went into the LP Widget Settings, Facebook Widget, Facebook Login, and get...

{"error":{"type":"OAuthException"."message":"Error validating application."}}

Facebook privacy thing that's changed or what??? Googleing now.

5. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

Ditto

6. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

But, the facebook app from the market works "fine".

Googleing turns up developer stuff which is beyond my knowledge base at this time.

7. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I haven't had an update since 5:00 yesterday and it won't let me do it manually, so I checked the settings login as mxsjw suggested. I don't get that error, LPP just force closes on me. :(

Oh, and I ain't rooted ;)

8. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

Facebook app would most likely work with whatever authorization method they changed it to. They did make the app after all ;)

9. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Ahhh, Fede just found the same issue and released an update to 8.1.1 that is now on the Market. Hmmm, lose my theme, or lose my FB updates? Bye, bye theme...:(

mxsjw likes this.
  10. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Huh, Fede hasn't updated the webpage yet...1st place I looked...bye bye theme here too.

I suppose I'll send an email to try and get my transparent green back when Blake has some time.:D

11. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Back to the stock updated LPP...that fixed it. Thank goodness for root and DroCap2 so I can remember what and where my non-LPP widgets went.:D

12. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Ya know what's odd, when I looked at the webpage on my phone, it still had 8.1.0, but my desktop browser had the updated 8.1.1. I tried to clear my Dolphin cache, still no go. Whatever, got it off the market anyway. The guy doing my theme is done, I think, so I may go to signals23 when he gets it out.

13. t0adman

Updating LPP now. I've determined that my corporate IMAP email hasn't worked since root, and my Gmail is at least 12 hours behind even after forced refresh. Checking for Gmail update now. Starting to wonder about the "benefits" of being rooted.

14. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Freezing bloatware and themeing are the root beni's for me.

15. t0adman

I'm all about those things but not at the expense of basic functionality.

16. t0adman

I downloaded the newest version of LPP and removed the Facebook widget, re-established my credentials in Preferences, then added it back. It's working great now.

Gmail is still doing odd things. I have to manually refresh to get emails and it will show a number of new ones for a while before showing them in the inbox. Gmail also does not update when I make chances on the Dx and I see all the same unread emails when I log in on my comp.

Corporate IMAP email is randomly updating. The last emails in my inbox were from yesterday evening at 5:31 and I can see in Outlook I have a dozen or more since then but even with a manual refresh/sync they don't show up.

17. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Since the new LPP update, has anyone noticed their battery drain jump? When I look at the Battery Manager (when it doesn't FC!!!) it says MediaManager is using up a ton of battery. Not sure what this is and I never saw it have such a high % before. Is the new Facebook interface sucking the battery???

18. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

Normal battery here. Media manager is usually fairly high for me since my X is my primary MP3 player.