Froyo 2.2 - Unable to make calls. What's happened!

Last Updated:

1. Degudodger

Degudodger Member This Topic's Starter

Guys,

I have this afternoon rooted my unlocked Desire (was locked to Orange) and installed the Defrost 2.0 Rom but now I can't make a call. When I tap the receiver icon i get a "Application is not installed on your phone"

I have checked my data settings and they are all there, i can make calls just can't access the dial pad to make any!

What's gone down!

Advertisement
  2. kboya

kboya Well-Known Member

Go to market and download a dialer (e.g. Dialer 1)

3. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Surely this must be added to the roms bug list as the dev needs to add this app to the rom.

4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

I suspect you did a restore when you loaded the ROM? This sounds like you have possibly restored some HTC services. Did you choose the wipe option when you loaded the new ROM?

5. Degudodger

Degudodger Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Lekky,

I'm not sure i did but i may be wrong. Using the one click rooting solution I rooted my Desire which was a breeze to do but I think overconfidence struck and i then went about uploading Froyo from another site. I followed the instructions to the letter and the installation went smoothly but for some reason i was unable to access my contacts or dial a number. I could receive calls and the dialer was visible during the call but i could not dialer out. If that makes sense!

I have reverted back to the previous version (I think 1.5) which works for me and i'll just wait for either the OTA update or a more stable Rom.

6. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

i think a wipe before flashing the rom would have fixed it tbh

7. shug176

shug176 Active Member

your correct i had the same problem. on another note how do i add more clocks to the 2.2 software would like my weather clock widget back