Froyo 2.2 update on Vodafone - still waiting for it...

Last Updated:

1. NickB72

NickB72 New Member This Topic's Starter

Just what the title says really - I'm still waiting to be notified OTA for the 2.2 update. I'm on Vodafone.

I've tried a manual search for software update but it comes back saying none available! I have the required free (phone) memory, so not sure why I am still waiting?

Anyone else out there on Vodafone still waiting for this update?

Can I force an update in any way?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Stucky

Stucky Well-Known Member

Give them a chance - they've got to load all the fun Vodafone stuff that their customers want on to it...

3. DaddyCee

DaddyCee Well-Known Member

nah i think it comes with hardly any bloatware.

4. partridge

partridge Well-Known Member

I'm on VF and I got mine over two weeks ago, no added bloatware either, just a clean installation of 2.2 that works great.

Chalk one up to VF this time, they listened to all the complaints and responded appropriately.

I know a few other VF users that also have the update; are you sure yours is a VF release and not a "generic" phone from Carphone Warehouse or something?

5. Gren

Gren Active Member

Sounds like you may not have a handset with VF firmware on it. The OTA upgrade was available over 2 weeks ago. That said the unbranded one has been around even longer!

Whats your Software Number? Go into Settings > about phone > software information. It should have .161. in the middle if it is VF firmware.

6. zezlez

zezlez Member

Same as partridge I got mine over two weeks ago as did my missus, it was a no problem OTA download and a clean install with no noticible bloatware, may be worth a phonecall to VF to ask why its not available.