Froyo 2.2 Update

Last Updated:

1. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well i've been gone awhile and had a quick question. Should be easy to answer. Basically i'm rooted of course and i just want to update to 2.2 froyo and keep the stock senseui, etc and root. Which file do i need to update to (latest version of course) to keep root. Also will this update wipe my phone clean or will it keep all the apps intact? Thanks for your replies in advance.

Advertisement
  2. fliptwister

fliptwister Well-Known Member

Are you on 2.1 now? Is your radio 2.15? Have you installed unrevoked forever? I would start with this guide:
    [GUIDES] Root, nand unlock, radio update, Froyo 2.2 update, Restore stock radio/rom - xda-developers

Here are a few 2.2 roms close to stock with sense:
    [ROM] Incredible Sense/Froyo v3.21.605.1 *Official Release* (100% stock, rooted) - xda-developers
    [ROM] Virtuous v2.4 (8/31/10): Stock Sense/Froyo v3.21.605.1 w/Fixes & Enhancements - xda-developers
    [ROM] 8/26 Leak Lite w/ Sense - xda-developers

I'm using Virtuous v2.4. Also look at stickies. Some great info in there.

jwm2 likes this.
  3. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Perfect, i flashed the unrevoked forever, updated the radio then flashed the virtuous 2.4 rom without wiping and now i'm at 2.2 without losing any of my apps, icons, widgets or anything. Good stuff, thanks for the tips. This place is invaluable!

4. fliptwister

fliptwister Well-Known Member