• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Froyo 2.2 Updated For Rogers Thread

At least there are a few of us with Rogers, so I figured I'd create an update thread for us.

I didn't get a chance to copy the log, but I spoke to a Rogers rep online today, and they said to talk to Dell. LOL. Dell says the release is carrier dependant. :thinking: The Rogers rep also said to check www.redboard.rogers.com, as any info pertaining to the update may be posted there.

If anyone has any luck, please post here!

Virtu3

I thought the 2.2 was a beta? Maybe I read incorrectly? What about when the actual release from Rogers does come out? Will the phone still update? Or do I need to revert back to 1.6, then do the update?

And if I am to go this route, do I follow the instructions I see in the AT&T Streak Froyo thread? Is the 3G issue fixed with this 2.2?

Upvote 0
Also got this email from a rep from the RedBoard by Rogers:

Redboard Feedback <redboardfeedback@rci.rogers.com>
to MYEMAIL@gmail.com
date Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 4:24 PM
subject RE: A comment from GN005Virtu3
mailed-by rci.rogers.com
Important mainly because of the words in the message.
hide details 4:24 PM (7 hours ago)
Hi GN005Virtu3,

Rogers is currently testing the 2.2 update on our network to ensure the
best experience for our customers. We anticipate that it will be
available before the Spring.

Thanks!
-Stacey, part of the Rogers RedBoard team

Upvote 0
the way the qdl tool works is that is loads a pre release version of 2.2. then you go to the update that dell has on their site and then you are up to date running the unlocked version of froyo just as if you had bought a streak directly from dell. there is no 3g issue that i have seen. and because you would have the updated unlocked froyo, there would be no need to go with the rogers update.

Reactions: gn005virtu3
Upvote 0
Read through the instructions for Streakmod, and the main instructions for 64bit windows...seems really complicated....I'm embarrassed to say that I come from a pretty strong technical background, although I was never much of a programmer...

Anyone wanna PM me to walk me through this? :)

I have 64 bit windows 7, I don't quite understand the StreakMod process....meh....
maybe I'll just wait for the official release from Rogers? :)

Upvote 0
then you go to the update that dell has on their site and then you are up to date running the unlocked version of froyo just as if you had bought a streak directly from dell.

Can't seem to get this part working. When I goto settings/about phone, system updates, it goes to this site:

http://update.zingstaging.com/?version=GAUSxxxxxx etc.

I am debating to load the official from ATT like you menioned, or the 1.70 from DJ Steve?

Can you guide me here? I even downloaded the Streak_318_12821_00.pkg from the support forum for Dell regarding the Froyo 2.2 but have no idea how to install it.

Thanks again for your help.

Upvote 0
Roger that Crimson. Just got the following email from Rogers, as I had posted a question on the Rogers RedBoard site:

Date: Feb 24, 2011 2:08 PM
Subject: RE: A comment from Eugene Kim
To: <my email address>

Hi Eugene,

The Android 2.2 update is now available for the Dell Streak! From your
device, go here to download the software: http://bit.ly/hzHjU0

Best,
Katie

Upvote 0
K, messed up my phone for the better part of last night. I tried to do the downgrades to O2's 2.1, then O2's 1.6, then to AT&T's 1.6 as per the downgrade guide on XDA. Phone got stuck after the 2.1 downgrade. Would hang at the Dell logo, doing the update.pkg, would only result in hanging at a black screen.
--------
OK, got myself out of the stuck @ Dell Logo/Stuck at black screen during update.pkg jam.
Just QDL the sucker.
Now, how do I install the official Rogers 2.2 update after using the QDL tool?
Can I just download and install, or what do I need to do to revert back to some version to be able to install the Official Rogers 2.2 update?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones