Froyo 2.2 users - Does Voice Activated Bluetooth Dialing work now?Support

Last Updated:

1. oldnick

oldnick Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Really need this to be working in Orange 2.2, whenever we get it.

Advertisement
  2. russoakes

russoakes Member

Nope, doesn't work on my stock unbranded sim-free desire, seeing as HTC will be building the Orange 2.2. I would imagine that it would be in the update for you. I can't see them putting something on for them that isn't in the stock Sense.

3. DaddyCee

DaddyCee Well-Known Member

is it just that the service provider is not including it? or is it that it is being left out by HTC? does anybody know.

4. philarmer

philarmer Well-Known Member

HTC's as my handset is completely unbranded and doesn't have this feature

5. anicotra

anicotra Well-Known Member

Yea, it sort of work, but badly.

At least now it responds when you initiate a call via BT, but it's NEVER understood what I've said. I can't tell you how many wrong calls I"ve made.

Bad recognition is one issue. Another issue, is that it doesn't confirm the contact. It just calls who ever it thinks you said, and most times, its NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Another issue, and I'm not sure who's to fault here is, When I'm listening to Slacker over BT, and I initiate a call via BT, Slacker is NOT muted, so the microphone picks up the music and things really go to hell.

None of these issues were present in the BB Storm days (not that I ever want to go back). It seems like the devs should be able to get these basic issues cleared up.

So, are there any alternatives from 3rd party apps?

6. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn Member

Sorry for being a newbie killjoy.
    Got my Desire yesterday. This morning it did an automatic update. I now run Android version 2.2 (this is what you call Froyo, right?) Build number is 2,10,405,2 CL226611

but, I don't have BT voice dialling and the Move to SD card option under Manage applications is greyed out. Being a brand new Desire owner, I'm sure I've messed up somewhere along the line, I just can't figure out where.

7. oldnick

oldnick Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I now have 2.2 and yes BTVAD works but not well.

I use 'Choice Dialer' and this seems to better at recognition than the stock gizmo.

However, I use my Desire with in my Ford car and this issue is that the phone/car often time out before a call is connected!! Grrrr!

My Nokia worked like a charm with my car - the HTC is very very poor.

Disapointed.