Froyo 720p Video is NOT 24fps?!Support

Last Updated:

1. psdpro

psdpro Member This Topic's Starter

Hey HTC Incredible owners, I just got the Froyo upgrade yesterday and was testing the new 720p video capabilites, only to find the frame rate of 720p is only 15.55 fps! How utterly disappointing! I was really hoping I could get 720p 24fps like on the Droid X.

The lower resolutions record somewhere close to 29.976fps, which is nice... but I really wanted that 24fps frame rate. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get this frame rate on any of the video resolutions / encoding types on the Droid Incredible?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. johnofcross

johnofcross Member

Maybe memory issues? Where are you saving the video, sd or internal memory? If sd, how fast is your Sd card?

3. fliptwister

fliptwister Well-Known Member

I'm getting 22.586 fps while at 720P. I have a 16gb class 6 memory card.

4. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member

how do we know what our FPS is? i've been saving to internal memory, figuring that would be much faster.

5. mrspeedmaster

mrspeedmaster Well-Known Member

Try pointing to a well lit, bright area. The camera sensor drop frames to as low as 8fps as lighting condiition changes.

psdpro likes this.
  6. psdpro

psdpro Member This Topic's Starter

Ah, good call, mrspeedmaster. When recording a sunny outdoor scene on the phone storage my frame rate went up to 22.50 fps. Filming the same thing on to the SD card only slipped to 21.25 fps, which may not be statistically significant. Still, I'm only using the stock microSD card that came with the phone, a top-speed card may offer even better performance.

jayochs, I just load the video on to my computer and then use the movie inspector in quicktime to check the framerate.

I'll have to do more testing. Thank you, everyone!