Froyo and autorun apps

Last Updated:

1. wcooper007

wcooper007 Member This Topic's Starter

Okay so what i am trying to figure out is how i can disable some of this crap from startup on my phone i am running the cyanogenmod-6-extblue-82610-- and you get all this stupid crap i dont use that runs in the background i have tried autorun killer and it only gives me like three of the things i want disabled. and for some reason this amazon crap keeps coming up i dont want nor do i need it so why does it keep running. also calendar storage,news and weather,voice search,and there are more that startup that i dont ever use please advise how i can disable them on startup ? thanks again

Advertisement
  2. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Why don't you flash the 'tiny' gapps http://mirror.kanged.net/gapps/gapps-mdpi-tiny-20100816-signed.zip

3. ashley82303

ashley82303 Active Member

I'm having the same problem! It's so annoying. I'm gonna try to flash the tiny gapps now.. see if it helps..

4. wcooper007

At this point i am not using all the features that are avail but in the future i might wanna use the voice feature or something of that nature so all i really want to do is disable there ability to startup on there own there has to be a way...

5. jwpilly

jwpilly Well-Known Member

There is an app called start up auditor that is intended to do just what you are looking for. I don't know how it works since I've never used it, but give it a shot.

6. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

If you weren't using a taskiller you wouldn't ever know they were running. Just let the phone run the way it is supposed to, especially on CM6 which is overclocked and always keeps plenty of free ram.

7. Taterus Maximus

Taterus Maximus Well-Known Member

True story, Android was designed to do this, force closing apps won't do anything since the system will just have to open them again.

8. wcooper007

so plenty of ram is 20 megs thats not acceptable i am a computer tech and i can tell a diff in my phone when i have less than 40 megs of open ram on it.. I guess its just me but i have avery hard time finding a phone that can actually keep up with me... i have a super expensive computer that pisses me off becuase i get hourglasses when i open up some programs. So i have to keep that in mind when i post things about this phone but in all honesty i am so waiting for the Intel phones to come out there going to destroy everything out there

Dont get me wrong i just dont like having useless crap running on my phone that i dont need ya know its all about trimmin the fat which it seems is what alot of people on here do thats all but thanks for all your help....

9. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

I get what you're saying, I used to be the same way but just decided to let it run the way it was designed to and performance has only gotten better. On a side note, if you only have like 20mb free on CM6 then something is up cuz I remember always having like 40+ free...