• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Froyo and Battery Life/Charge Times

Anyone have anymore info on this slow charging issue? Tonight I flashed back to complete stock, 2.1 with 1.0 radio, and voila, charge was blazing fast, gaining 12% in ten minutes. This time I skipped straight to 2.15 radio, and Adrynalyne's EVO port ROM, and I'll be damned if it didn't go back to charging slow again :( This time its taken 35 minutes to gain 12%.

I know this started with 2.2, it charged just fine with the first 2.1 leak with 720p and 2.05 radio, but the first 2.2 leak which used the same radio brought on the problem for sure. I'm not totally convinced that the issue is from the cpu clock either, because my battery life is great, I get 24 hours out of my 1500 no problem.

Upvote 0
Just to throw my 2 cents in as well, i'm having the exact same issue. With the (newly) leaked 2.2 rom (8/1), i'm also getting terrible battery life, something around 13 hours (vs. about 20 before). What i'm observing so far is that cpu clock doesn't fall as far down on idle so i think the thing is cooking itself too soon. We'll have to wait for the final build to see if fixed.

I was seeing this on the "official rooted-2.2" rom; the way I 'fixed' it was to have a setCPU sleep profile that pushed the cpu way down.. so when it's idle but the screen is on, the cpu is definitely not slowing down as in 2.1 but when the screen is off I've got it throttled down. So far no lag on phone calls, etc when waking (I have 460/245 for sleep)

Battery life is now 'ok' again, I have the verizon big-fat battery and am doing a recalibration of the OS to it now... on day3 in the am, battery at 30% remaining after 2 days of moderate use FWTW ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones