Froyo and LauncherPro

Last Updated:

1. dfine06

dfine06 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Stupid question. I dont get why when i set up launcherPro and use it and then i tap the home key that i always use it takes me back to the stock launcher so i have to keep usuing home switcher. Any ideas? I know its prob stupid but its annoying and i want LauncherPro.

Advertisement
  2. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

Select "Use as Default" for LauncherPro under home switcher...

3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Or go to Settings - Applications - Manage Applications - Launcher - "Clear Defaults". And as the above post said, next time you hit home, it should prompt you for what launcher you want. Hit Launcher Pro and select set as default. Should be good to go; its the launcher I've been using for a while and since on FroYo as well.

4. ech0

ech0 Active Member

Home switcher seems like a kind of pointless app to me; just sits there and takes up space while you can just go and do it very easily.

But, I suppose I understand that some people don't want to navigate 3 or 4 menus.

5. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

It's a tool...can make things easier, but not the only way to take care of things, as you note. :)

It's especially useful when you have three or more launchers installed and are playing around w/them...much faster than navigating through the settings menus, frankly, even if you only have two launchers installed. Plus, it's nice to be able to see/confirm all launchers installed in one place.