froyo and oclf......battery horrendous.Support

Last Updated:

1. loadsaaaTOP

loadsaaaTOP Active Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 24, 2010
    still lagging despite upgrade and ryanza oclf with z4 root.

any ideas on how to improve? Main issue is the battery. its doesnt alst 12 hours now!!!

2. voodooochild

voodooochild Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    :s i updated to froyo, rooted and used the voodoo lag fix for 2.2, and you know what its improved my battery, perhaps remove the oclf lagfix and try voodoos.

Put it this way i'd go to work, with the battery at 100%, i use the net for about an hour and a half, have background data on, probably send about 30 texts, 9 hours later i would be down to 30-40% battery at a push, that was before froyo etc.

Now i've updated, my battery after the same length of time and amount of usage, i go home with about 65-75% battery, no word of a lie.

Whether it would work for you im not sure i guess it partially depends on your phone settings, for example, i have brightness all the way down, i never run GPS, i ahve autosync turned off, auto rotation turned off.
  3. cleanermonkey

cleanermonkey Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    I updated to Froyo and have installed and used z4root and oclf and I have seen a dramatic increase in battery life... I have drained the battery completely 2 days in a row and a couple of days after I had a day with over over 24 hours battery life.

Yesterday it lasted close to that took it out day before yesterday arround 11 midday, stayed at home gaming on my PC, made a few calls, alot of texts, did not plug it in at night (to see how long it would last) then yesterday I went chistmas shopping, went to help a friend move, got home arround 18 in the evening and arround 20-21-ish the phone went out. :)

arround the same settings as below

One day (documented) day was like 1d and 14.5h :eek:

I had brightness turned all the way down (as I'm sure the screen is the biggest battery hog... that and 3g when making calls, as when I make calls I can really see that bar drop :( ) I had wifi turned on the whole day, alarm was on, phone calls a little under 40 min. had yahoo! mail notifications on, screen was on for about 3.5 hours, gamed a bit, synced my movies with servers a couple of times, normal stuff.

One big thing I think was that I stayed at home most of that day, with one short trip to the grocery store across the street.

Attached Files: