Froyo and reception on AT&T

Last Updated:

1. HyperM3

HyperM3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I couldnt find any posts about this and Im really debating on rooting or not. Can anyone clearly say that they are getting better or worse reception on 3G with the Froyo root? I could really use better reception on the N1. Its about half of what I got on my old Bold(never dropped a call on that phone EVER).

Im on AT&T and would preferably like to hear from other AT&T users.

Advertisement
  2. ragingyeti

ragingyeti Well-Known Member

The unofficial froyo build dropped my 3g speeds from around 2 mbps to about .5. The official one probably wont do this, so it is worth the wait.

3. techrider62

techrider62 Well-Known Member

just tested my 3g 1245kbps down 134kbps up test 2 1496down 134 up

nexus one att froyo

I would wait too

4. CirkDroid

CirkDroid Well-Known Member

Download speeds will vary SIGNIFICANTLY. One minute a person can download something in 5 seconds, 2 minutes later it's in 25 seconds. This is just how it is with mobile data.

5. HyperM3

HyperM3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, I wasnt as much concerned about download speeds as to actually getting better signal quality. Like, knowing where you used to get 2 bars before Froyo and now you get 3 or 4.

Like I said in my OP, I love this phone but its embarrassing how often it drops calls. People sometimes beg me to go back to my Bold because it never dropped calls.

6. RogerPodacter

RogerPodacter Well-Known Member

i dont notice any difference in reception with the new radio. i'm on the ATT version and my 3g speeds are exactly the same. i pull down 2.5Mbps down and 1.5Mbps up. same before and after froyo.