Froyo and shutdowns

Last Updated:

1. neo1973

neo1973 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am at the breaking point with this phone; it is now affecting my business. It was fine for 2 weeks, shut down for 2 weeks, was fine for a month, and now is unbearable.

I have uninstalled all software. I have cleaned the battery contacts.

Has ATT or Samsung directly said that 2.2 will address this issue, or is it just conjecture?

And now it looks like Dec 12 is no longer the drop date? Is that correct?

Does rooting it solve the shutdowns? At this point it might as well be a brick as much as its off, so I'm not worried about that at this point.

I also read (here) that people have had ATT replace their wirefly phones? Anyone confirm this?

TIA

Advertisement
  2. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

First, welcome!

>>> Has ATT or Samsung directly said that 2.2 will address this issue [shutdowns], or is it just conjecture?

see: http://androidforums.com/samsung-captivate/221318-additional-insight-into-random-shutdowns.html

>>> And now it looks like Dec 12 is no longer the drop date? Is that correct?

Unknown.

>>> Does rooting it solve the shutdowns?

No.

>>> I also read (here) that people have had ATT replace their wirefly phones? Anyone confirm this?

see: http://androidforums.com/samsung-captivate/155286-getting-captivate-wirefly-com.html

3. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

When was December 12th ever promised by AT&T or Samsung? Only thing I've seen from official channels is "by the end of the year" and even that wasn't a "promise" so much as a "goal". I believe they used the phrase "should be out".

The year isn't over yet.

4. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

Don't let facts muddy the waters. Without conjecture this forum's posts would drop precipitously.

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, neo.

We see those frustrations about various deal-breaker issues reported in nearly every device forum here. I confess to having trouble understanding why a person would keep their defective phone, beyond smaller problems such as screen to screen lag, etc.

Two weeks? My friend, I'd have had that phone back in the store on the second day of that behavior. ;)

6. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

I was going to include words similar to yours in my original reply, but since they weren't as gentle as yours I opted to keep it all objective. You deserve an "A" for being so PC.

7. TripsYou

TripsYou Well-Known Member

If Froyo came out before January I would really be suprised.

8. viny2cool

viny2cool Well-Known Member

LOL....we will have custom roms based on gingerbread before ATT let us have froyo...thank god I am went to flashing my phone....

I was too frustrated by the wait..