Froyo and the Contacts AppSupport

Last Updated:

1. hayesb2

hayesb2 Member This Topic's Starter

One of the most annoying features on the stock Captivate for me was that the contacts did not sync With Gmail contacts and groups.

So upon flashing Froyo I immediately went into the Contacts app after everything was finished syncing and to my enjoyment all of my Gmail contact groups and contacts correctly showed up. Yay!!

Then after a few seconds of a happy dance, I found out that they have managed to still screw things up. Unbelievably, when you go to groups, and then select a group under Google, and then select one of your contacts for that group, it will return back a different contact. WTF??!?!?

It shows the correct groups, even the correct contacts within each group, yet when you open a contact it returns some other contact!!!!!!!!!

Can anybody else recreate this bug? And any ideas how to fix it?????

Advertisement
  2. anthgav

anthgav Well-Known Member

have you tried restarting the phone since your update?

3. hayesb2

hayesb2 Member This Topic's Starter

Yep, didnt fix the problem

4. anthgav

anthgav Well-Known Member

The only other thing I can suggest is to go to your Google contacts on a PC and export all your contacts to a .csv file for a backup then clear all your contacts out of your account online and on your phone so they are completely blank with not one contact in. Once thats done import them back into Google Contacts on a PC from the .csv file and re-sync with your phone then see how it is then!

5. tosberg

tosberg New Member

Anyone found a fix for this yet?

Also, another "bug" i noticed is that if you create a user (setting set to be created in the synced google account) in the "Contacts" app of the Captivate, you can't add it to a group (no option exists). If you go to the gmail group on the captivate and try to add the member you just created, it only pulls up the contacts on your phone and not the contacts synced with gmail (which is now where your new contact exists). You actually have to log in to your gmail account from your pc and change it online and then it will be grouped correctly.

6. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Froyo hasn't been released for the Captivate yet. It's not finished and bugs are to be expected from any unofficial leaked internal development "beta" builds.

If you don't like bugs and daily re-flashing one should stick with official firmwares and not be flashing on hacked beta ROMs.