Froyo Androot

Last Updated:

1. ElectricHippo

ElectricHippo Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I had a few issues a while back trying to root my 2.1 Droid, and the folks in here were very helpful. It didn't end up working for me and I went back to stock, but it was a fun experiment.

So today I finally got froyo from verizon and I was underwhelmed. No wifi hotspot, no flash. I'm sick of their crap and I want to try rooting again.

So with 2.2, is it a good idea to try the 1-click rooting programs? I read that Universal Androot will root the FRG01B build with no problems. Can anyone confirm this?

And are there any advantages/disadvantages to rooting this way vs. the more complicated methods?

thanks for any advice!

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

universal androot will root FRG01B. I tried it out the other day

ElectricHippo likes this.
  3. ElectricHippo

Ok SWEET! It worked! I'm running Kangerade 5.0.9, blue theme.
    It looks cool, I got my wifi hotspot, very pleased.
    Still a few questions:
    - How do I get flash? I notice it wasn't installed and it doesn't seem to be in the market. Is there an APK need to find and install?
    - Clock speed? I installed SetCPU and it told me that I could run between 250 and 800. I heard the stock Moto Droid was at 550, so this is good right? I'm not sure if I want/need to go higher than 800, but if I did, I'd need a new kernel right? How do I install that?
    - Kangerage.Scripts - where do I get those? The Scripts option works, but Extra Apps, Fonts, Live Wallpapers, etc. all tell me the sdcard/goodies/extraapps/ folder is missing

thanks for all the help!

4. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

5. ElectricHippo

Ok I found the flash beta 3 APK and it works. Homestar probably wouldn't have looked so awesome on my stock 550, but with Kangerade i've OC'd it to 800 and things are running smooth.
    Still two questions:
    - the kernel. If I DL Chevy or P3 from the ROM Mgr and have it install that like a rom, will it just give me the ability to OC higher? or will it change other things/undo kangerade/uninstall my apps etc?
    - the Goodies. I can't find a working link to Kangerage's goodies scripts. Anyone know where I can find that download?