• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo Approved for Three UK

swgastro

Sep 24, 2010
UK
Hi all,

For those on 3 UK waiting for thier Desire to be updated with Froyo, heres an email I got From 3 Today..

Thanks for your email regarding the Froyo update for the HTC Desire.

I have left a message for you so I can discuss this personally, but have been unable to speak to you.

I am therefore writing to advise that the Froyo software was approved on 27th September 2010 but can take up to two weeks before it is available to download. The reason for the delay was an issue with Twitter that needed to be fixed.

I trust that this information proves useful, but if you would like to discuss this with me, please call #### ### #### (5p/min from a BT landline, other networks may vary) - our business hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 6.30pm.

Thanks,

Lesley Dore
Three Executive Office
I removed the Phone number, as it dosn't seemed to be publically listed.. I could be wrong though

I got similar feedback from the 3 Blog, I hope it comes soon as I have waited long enough for 3UK Froyo and am on the verge of going Stock Froyo as opposed to waiting for them.

Lets hope they get it out soon.

I would like to know what issue they had with Twitter that didn't seem to affect the rest of the HTC Desire froyo world.

Steve

Upvote 0
Hi all,

For those on 3 UK waiting for thier Desire to be updated with Froyo, heres an email I got From 3 Today..

I removed the Phone number, as it dosn't seemed to be publically listed.. I could be wrong though

Hi mate.

I dont suppose you could pass on contact details for this woman. I dont want to sound rude but I am sick of struggling with customer care reps that dont dont speak english as a first language. They are friendly enough but I am struggling a bit with them.

Cheers

Upvote 0
I am with 3 and the update came through a couple of weeks ago. It installed OK for me.
I do need to find out why the FM radio is so poor though, probably nothing to do with 2.2 though.

Terry

Your phone is unlocked and not brought with from 3.. those who brought thier phone from 3 are still waiting, hence the frustration.

Upvote 0
I have just found this on the 3 Blog yesterday.

Sorry I posted under the HTC Desire blog post. It’s all sorted at our end, taking a little longer due to a bug in twitter but all sorted and waiting to go up on to the OTA server. On Monday, we said max two weeks… Sorry about the delay!

This should help those of us chomping at the bit to get Froyo, after that we can start complaining about the problems with it.

Steve

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones