Froyo Approved for Three UK

Last Updated:

1. swgastro

swgastro Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

For those on 3 UK waiting for thier Desire to be updated with Froyo, heres an email I got From 3 Today..

I removed the Phone number, as it dosn't seemed to be publically listed.. I could be wrong though

Advertisement
  2. tiring_day

tiring_day Well-Known Member

I got similar feedback from the 3 Blog, I hope it comes soon as I have waited long enough for 3UK Froyo and am on the verge of going Stock Froyo as opposed to waiting for them.

Lets hope they get it out soon.

I would like to know what issue they had with Twitter that didn't seem to affect the rest of the HTC Desire froyo world.

Steve

3. jaybo1973

jaybo1973 Well-Known Member

Hi mate.

I dont suppose you could pass on contact details for this woman. I dont want to sound rude but I am sick of struggling with customer care reps that dont dont speak english as a first language. They are friendly enough but I am struggling a bit with them.

Cheers

4. JsT

JsT Well-Known Member

Was mentioned in a thread a week or so back. Still not quite their 'September' date...

5. Terry10

Terry10 New Member

I am with 3 and the update came through a couple of weeks ago. It installed OK for me.
    I do need to find out why the FM radio is so poor though, probably nothing to do with 2.2 though.

Terry

6. swgastro

Your phone is unlocked and not brought with from 3.. those who brought thier phone from 3 are still waiting, hence the frustration.

7. JsT

JsT Well-Known Member

The early batch also didn't come branded, sadly mine is.

8. swgastro

So anyway, 2 weeks from 27th September is 11th October... who wants to make a wager as to when actual updates start =)

9. tiring_day

tiring_day Well-Known Member

I have just found this on the 3 Blog yesterday.

Sorry I posted under the HTC Desire blog post. It’s all sorted at our end, taking a little longer due to a bug in twitter but all sorted and waiting to go up on to the OTA server. On Monday, we said max two weeks… Sorry about the delay!

This should help those of us chomping at the bit to get Froyo, after that we can start complaining about the problems with it.

Steve