Froyo auto closes apps?

Last Updated:

1. Traceamount

Traceamount Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I mentioned this in another post that was unrelated but got no answers, sorry if someone mentioned it elsewhere but Ive looked through em pretty good.

I noticed while changing settings and surfing, 3 times now, Ive had a lil window pop-up saying "12 apps closed". Im not rooted, using the RC, no ATK running or anything. Kinda curious if this could be part of whats causing battery issues? Yes its a long shot I know, but is anyone aware of this and/or is it possible to disable? Thanks!

*Yes I seen Froyo was supposed to handle closing app differently, more so looking for a way to disable this, and if need be manually use an ATK type program as needed to get my battery life back to anything near what it was.

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

3. Traceamount

Im aware, the ATK is installed - yes. But, its set to not auto start with the phone, nor is it set to auto-kill. I havent even turned it on since my last couple changes/recharges and a battery pull. Nor is it showing in the list of running applications.

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

OK.

Just checked my logs - the new Android is wonderful - I've never seen it so active at clearing garbage out and freeing memory.

Bottom line, I just don't know if what you saw is really normal or not - so - check your logs, my only suggestion.

5. Traceamount

Right on - so it IS closing apps? Cool .... I got right of the LED Flashlight app, and did the radio switch to GSM and back to CDMA, then re-charged, sent 4-5 txts and surfed for just a few minutes, and I went 1hr 45min before it dropped to 99% !!! Before Froyo it was roughly 1.2% battery per hour. Now its around .7% per hour! Stoked

EarlyMon likes this.