• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Froyo bricked my Incredible!

Whohulkwalk

Jul 27, 2010
So I installed froyo using the update.zip and everything was good for like a hour.Then the 3g at the top of my phone disappeared.I couldn't get on the internet I couldn't use the market or anything involving data.Verizon got the phone working but not the data.So they sent me a refurb (free) just got it today and froyo was ready to be installed.Everything seems to be ok.Am I the only one this has happened to?

So I installed froyo using the update.zip and everything was good for like a hour.Then the 3g at the top of my phone disappeared.I couldn't get on the internet I couldn't use the market or anything involving data.Verizon got the phone working but not the data.So they sent me a refurb (free) just got it today and froyo was ready to be installed.Everything seems to be ok.Am I the only one this has happened to?

A quick search, or glance would have said no you were not alone. A few people have had it happen, and found minor workarounds...but no actual fix besides replacing the phone. Glad the new one is working so far!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones